The Global Type 1 Diabetes Family Should Stand Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Wherever I go in the world, I feel a special bond with other people in the type 1 diabetes community. The connection is especially strong with other diabetes parents, but I feel it with other members of the community as well.

No matter where we are from, what our education, background, race, religion, or nationality, we share a secret. We know what type 1 diabetes is; we know how hard it is to live with; and we know that few people outside our small community have a clue.

The global type 1 diabetes community is like a family, and we should help each other whenever possible.

If you feel the same way, visit the website of Life for a Child (www.idf.org/lifeforachild). The group is based in Australia, but is a program of the Brussels-based International Diabetes Federation.

Life for a Child helps over 10,000 children and youth with type 1 diabetes in developing countries; it gives them insulin and syringes, and in some cases, is even able to supply kids with two blood glucose test strips per day, glucometers, lancets, and a handful of HbA1c tests.

http://asweetlife.org/james/blogs/t...-diabetes-family-should-stand-together/31404/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back