The family living with type 1 diabetes - BBC article

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewall

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/0/20678536

Good article but the slide 6 may be a bit wrong as I don't know anyone that can use a cartridge for 6 weeks. Maybe it should be 6 days. :D

It is also interesting that they mention the 10 tests a day. I had a GP (who is definitely no longer my GP) tell me that 10 times a day was far too much that it should be much less even for a Type 1. :(

I suppose if you never tested before exercise, driving, sleeping, or 2 hours after eating you might get it down to the 3 or 4 a day he wanted but I would hate to see what numbers would be coming up in those few tests or adversely the number of hypos you would have to be testing for as a result. I am sure the HB1ac would be an interesting number as well. 🙄

One thing I will say is that I am glad I don't have to manage 3 peoples numbers (carbs/insulin/blood sugar level) at once.

Ion't think you've had a welcome to the forum, thewall, so welcome and thanks for your posts in "In the news" section - and keep on joining in.

As Northerner mentions, news stories are often mentioned by other people, and sometime lead to, shall we say, vigorous discussion - although this particular story has led to 3 pages, so far, which is rare!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back