The dreaded test results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viki

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Off for blood results and consultant appointment . . . :(

Not looking forward to this one little bit. Wish me luck . . .

All I can say is fingers crossed Viki.

I bet you a chocolate biscuit it's not as bad as you think it will be....

Good luck. And, keep us posted.

Good luck viki I hope it goes well for you x

Good luck viki , fingers crossed xx i still stick to 6.9%

Last edited:
Hope all is well and enjoy that chocolate biscuit, we all need a treat sometimes!

Mixed results . .

Mixed news . . . Ill start from good to bad:

1. Cholesterol. May test it was 7.4 🙂eek🙂 now 6.5. im well chuffed with that, plus consultant said good cholesterol is high so i dont need to worry too much?

2. HbA1c. May was 7.8 now 7.6. I was convinced it would have gone up so this is good news, although i have been having a lot of hypos so its probably around the same.

But . .

Have to go back in 3 months for repeat bloods and they think i may possibly now have an underactive thyroid :(. Bloody faulty immune system strikes again.

So no where near as bad as i thought diabetes wise, but a bit of a bummer about the thyroid. Fingers crossed the 3 month retest will have come down.

Well done on the 'new and improved' figures Viki !!

Good luck with the thyroid test......

xx

well done on improved numbers

good luck with thyroid test

dont let the thyroid test get you down youve done well on every other test

Mixed news . . . Ill start from good to bad:

1. Cholesterol. May test it was 7.4 🙂eek🙂 now 6.5. im well chuffed with that, plus consultant said good cholesterol is high so i dont need to worry too much?

2. HbA1c. May was 7.8 now 7.6. I was convinced it would have gone up so this is good news, although i have been having a lot of hypos so its probably around the same.

But . .

Have to go back in 3 months for repeat bloods and they think i may possibly now have an underactive thyroid :(. Bloody faulty immune system strikes again.

So no where near as bad as i thought diabetes wise, but a bit of a bummer about the thyroid. Fingers crossed the 3 month retest will have come down.

Well done!

Re the chocolate biscuit, how do I email it you...?

Viki, you're heading in the right direction! Won't be long before you're in the 6% club, I'm sure! 🙂

well done vikki what ever you are doing its working ...!! well done!

Well done.
Many would say that 7.6 is almost right.
Tend to forget we are all different and a slightly higher bg may have a worse long term effect on some but not on everyone

Glad the result has come down always a relief when it hasn't gone up any further. If you do have an underactive thyroid what does this mean, do you have to take tablets for it do you know? Just interested because I don't really know anything about it really.

Emma x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back