The Diabetes UK Menu Planners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1962

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hi - just a quick question ! My wife and I plan to follow the same diet once I start my food reintroduction phase of the Xyla programme - her because she likes to eat healthy and me because in addition to that I do not want to undo all the good work that the TDR phase is achieving
My question is this - all the menu ideas in the planners helpfully tell us the Kcal, fibre content etc but no where does it tell me the sugar content. Am I missing something here or being particular stupid as I would of thought knowing that was important ?
Thanks

Hi - just a quick question ! My wife and I plan to follow the same diet once I start my food reintroduction phase of the Xyla programme - her because she likes to eat healthy and me because in addition to that I do not want to undo all the good work that the TDR phase is achieving
My question is this - all the menu ideas in the planners helpfully tell us the Kcal, fibre content etc but no where does it tell me the sugar content. Am I missing something here or being particular stupid as I would of thought knowing that was important ?
Thanks
Certainly if you look at the Low carb menu plan it tells you the Carbs as well as the cals, etc.
It is the total carbs that is important not just 'sugar'

Certainly if you look at the Low carb menu plan it tells you the Carbs as well as the cals, etc.
It is the total carbs that is important not just 'sugar'
Ok so I can’t estimate the amount of sugar that are in the total carbs to check against my recommended RDI like I can in a tin of soup say ?

Ok so I can’t estimate the amount of sugar that are in the total carbs to check against my recommended RDI like I can in a tin of soup say ?
Having had a quick look at the Mediterranean diet section, it seems to me that the nutritional values aren’t given for foods where you can just look them up on the packet, or online, such as Toast, or Peanut butter, but anything where there’s a link to a DUK recipe, (the things in bold, and underlined) the recipe gives the full nutritional value, including sugars as well as carbs, for example, the Birchermuesli.
E75BB050-68A9-42D9-B471-312345CBF94C.png

People can be misled into thinking something is fine because the 'sugar' shows as low but the carbs are high which would make them unsuitable for a low carb regime. My example is the cereal puffed wheat which has low sugar at 0.6g per 100g but a whopping 69.6g of total carbohydrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back