The D Team - Fundraising Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

SacredHeart

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
In 2010, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. They promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the York underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...The D-Team.

Well, not quite. But I am taking part in a high-wire 2-3 hour obstacle course this summer to raise money for JDRF.

Myself, and three of my friends are taking on the Go Ape Dalby Forest challenge. This course boasts the following: 6 sections, 37 crossings (totalling 888 metres). The highest point is 35 metres off the ground, and the longest zip wire is 250 metres. Yikes!

I have all the details on this page on my blog, where I'll be posting training updates (included what will undoubtedly be an 'interesting' first ever trip to a climbing wall), and videos.

This is going to be a huge, huge challenge for me, and I'm really hoping some of you will feel that this is a worthy challenge to support, and raise money for a wonderful charity.

If you feel you'd like to make a donation in support of the team, I have a Just Giving page, which you can find here. Any amount, of any size would be greatly appreciated towards our team goal of ?500.00.

If you can plug this event to your friends, family, and anyone else you think might be interested in what we're doing, please do. We've got a long way to go to reach our target!

🙂

good luck becky and ....BUMP !

ps go ape are great they advised me when i did a design for an indoor verison the roof space of an arts centre we were trying to get extra income for to keep the arts afloat ....we combined it with a climbing wall and a multipurpose performance space !!

Good luck!

Maybe set up a paypal account for donations??? i'll donate a tenner (?10) Good luck!!! :D

Donated a ?10 now good luck!!!!🙂

Thank you! Very much appreciated! :D

For those interested, coming soon, or as soon as my laptop comes back from being repaired, will be a couple of videos - Becky yells at the Wii Fit, and Andrew and Becky take on a climbing wall. :D

The challenge has now been booked! We're going ahead on Saturday 14th August at 9:30am. Fundraising and training both cranking up a notch now!

Be careful not to injure yourself during training Becky - it's the worst feeling to overdo things and then miss a couple of weeks training because of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back