The BIG Day is Approaching...

Status
Not open for further replies.

novorapidboi26

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Finally got my date in for my PUMP start date........

Monday 21st January 2013.....

Don't know what pump I am getting yet but will be between an Animas and Roche I think, probably the one that can carry the most insulin....

Very excited.......

Is there any books you can recommend or any other sources of information that I can swot up on in order to prepare me better......🙂

thats great news wot a brill new year prezzie

Great news. Treat yourself to a copy of Pumping Insulin 5th Edition by John Walsh for Christmas. It's not a particularly light read, but it tells you all you need to know about pumping. I still use mine occassionally 6 years after starting pumping as it's full of great suggestions on how to tackle particular issues.

This is the link to the book on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pumping-Ins...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1355322594&sr=1-1

Terrific news! Pumping insulin is definitely the most highly recommended book by the members here 🙂

Ditto to the book endorsement !

Some of it might not get through because you haven't got a pump to know what he's on about. But those bits will make a lot more sense once you have got the thing and have got a bit used to it.

So if you read it with interest sort of thing, and then go back to it again after you've had the pump for a little while (like a week or two) it should fall more into place.

Any queries I'm darn sure you can ask on here and we can all get our copies out and give our interpretation of that bit, if we can't answer em off the top of our heads.

It's a bit like knowing Spanish fluently and then trying to understand Portuguese, or Austrian instead of German !

That's fantastic. Having a pump is absolutely brilliant. I found that reading Pumping Insulin plus doing the Roche Accu-Chek Combo online course plus reading all of the pumping posts on here made it relatively easy for me to get used to the pump fairly quickly.

Finally got my date in for my PUMP start date........

Monday 21st January 2013.....

Don't know what pump I am getting yet but will be between an Animas and Roche I think, probably the one that can carry the most insulin....

Very excited.......

Is there any books you can recommend or any other sources of information that I can swot up on in order to prepare me better......🙂

.....Nice! Your dawn phenomenon will be sorted so much easier! 🙂

Brilliant news We will both have our pumps at same time well youl have your a week before 🙂 I purchesd book that was mentiond but just started to read it .
Enjoy Marie

Great news boi always makes it much more real when you get a date

All the best

Great news NRB - here's to a DP-tamed new year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back