The Best That I Can

Status
Not open for further replies.

SB2015

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Good morning

You may remember that I wrote a song about living with T1 Diabetes.
We recorded it and today we have released the video to celebrate World Diabetes Day.
It is sung by family and friends and here is the link to the You Tube video of The Best That I Can
Apparently it is not possible to put a link to you tube in here)

Search for Sue Briggs - The Best That I Can

It will be great if you can share this with anyone and everyone to raise awareness of
what it can be like to live with T1 Diabetes

Many Thanks

Last edited:
hopefully will work soon, it doesn't seem to work at the moment Looking forward to listening though.

Thanks for flagging this @MrDaibetes
@Kaylz has pointed out that you can not link to You Tube videos on this forum
Thanks @Kaylz

Hopefully the search will work instead
Sue Briggs - The Best That I Can

Still not working and I am told that it is not possible on here.
hope the search works instead.

Well done Sue! Some lovely harmonies going on there.

And who doesn’t love a song with a ‘shaky egg’ :D

Last edited:
You used to be able to copy and paste a YouTube link, did you use the insert link function in the banner of the reply box? just for future reference xx
If you post the youtube link directly it gets modified by the system, and some Youtube videos are shown as ‘this video is not available‘. I’ve not been able to work out why some display fine and others don’t like the ‘media’ link conversion.

Experimenting with an upgrade fix

Last edited:
Looks like you had good fun. Well done.
Thanks @Benny G

We did have fun. All the choir put in the time to learn their parts, we recorded each individual person singing their part and and then the producer put in hours refining the vocals and the video. As our choir is still not meeting in person I have still not heard the song performed with all voices together.

So looking forward to that

I really should get myself tech savvy, but I don’t do these things often enough to remember what to do.

Last edited:
Loved the message @SB2015 - I'm sure I'll be listening again after tricky days with diabetes as it is a great reminder.
Beautifully sung.
Thank you.

Loved the message @SB2015 - I'm sure I'll be listening again after tricky days with diabetes as it is a great reminder.
Beautifully sung.
Thank you.
Thank you @soupdragon
It took me a good long while to hear the message myself (so eloquently and politely repeated to me for a few years by @trophywench) . Life is so much more enjoyable with a better balance, but not always easy to remember when things go off on a wobble.

Just glad my incessant reminders worked for you! :D (or you got so sick of hearing me repeating myself you thought Oh sod it - I'll just do it then and keep the silly old moo happy ...)

That is great @SB2015 . Getting those harmonies to sync must have been a pretty hard job. Sound great though
I claim no credit for the tech side of things the hard work on that was done by my singing teacher who also produces videos. i am pleased that I have already had some people contac me and open up about their diabetes. I can now do a @trophywench on them and hopefully help them find their own balance and take some pressure off themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back