The best black sports leggings with waistband pockets to hold an Accu-chek Insight Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidjade

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, just joined this forum. Our type 1 daughter is 13 and loves to wear sports leggings but she finds it uncomfortable wearing her pump belt around them and is now getting to the age where she is conscious about the pump 'sticking out' and showing under her clothes. Does anyone know of any great stretchy and comfortable black sports leggings with built in pockets that they swear by? Grateful for any help and suggestions.

Hi, just joined this forum. Our type 1 daughter is 13 and loves to wear sports leggings but she finds it uncomfortable wearing her pump belt around them and is now getting to the age where she is conscious about the pump 'sticking out' and showing under her clothes. Does anyone know of any great stretchy and comfortable black sports leggings with built in pockets that they swear by? Grateful for any help and suggestions.

I make my own activewear and love Apostrophe Patterns for leggings (and joggers). The item is made to each individual's measurements, and the individual can choose various options, including a yoga waistband with a concealed, zippered pocket - usually used for phone, keys that sort of thing.

If you're not a sewer yourself, perhaps someone local could help. Leggings take less than an hour to make.

For ready to wear, I like Rainbows and Sparkles, but plain black isn't their style: https://www.rainbowsandsprinkles.co.uk/collections/in-stock-6-8-petite

Sorry not to be more helpful.

I make my own activewear and love Apostrophe Patterns for leggings (and joggers). The item is made to each individual's measurements, and the individual can choose various options, including a yoga waistband with a concealed, zippered pocket - usually used for phone, keys that sort of thing.

If you're not a sewer yourself, perhaps someone local could help. Leggings take less than an hour to make.

For ready to wear, I like Rainbows and Sparkles, but plain black isn't their style: https://www.rainbowsandsprinkles.co.uk/collections/in-stock-6-8-petite

Sorry not to be more helpful.
Thanks so much for getting back to me, this is really helpful!

A pattern is likely to conceal a lump where a pump is better than a plain colour, even black I would have thought, but I would encourage your daughter to be more open about her diabetes. In this day and age, people are starting to celebrate being different. Adverts on TV are now putting the spotlight on people with freckles or frizzy hair or skin pigmentation issues. It is at long last OK to be different.

I have several pairs of sports leggings with a small zip pocket in the centre of the waistband in the back. Not sure if that would be suitable. It's way too small for a phone I know that but can get my Libre scanner in it.... just.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back