The “two dose” problem for Covid-19 vaccines, briefly explained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if they can get 90 yos in for the first dose, I personally can't see they'll have any prob getting em back for the second.

Of course if we do happen to have a Tsunami hit us from a butterfly flapping its wings on an Outer Hebride on Xmas day maybe they will.

Well if they can get 90 yos in for the first dose, I personally can't see they'll have any prob getting em back for the second.
The problem hadn't occurred to me, but if with other vaccines about half fail to get the second dose, it may well be significant. (On the positive side, that might allow more people to get their first dose earlier, and for all I know that might work out better overall.)

One problem I can foresee, is that they were going to 'do' people who were attending hospital anyway for an outpatients appointment. How are they going to get them there again for the second dose?

One problem I can foresee, is that they were going to 'do' people who were attending hospital anyway for an outpatients appointment. How are they going to get them there again for the second dose?
I guess the sort of person attending an outpatient appointment is the kind of person likely to be attending another one (maybe not in 21 days time or whatever) and is a bit more likely than average to be willing to go back at the right time to get the second dose.

So maybe the problem will come later, when otherwise healthy middle aged people are being vaccinated.

I guess the sort of person attending an outpatient appointment is the kind of person likely to be attending another one (maybe not in 21 days time or whatever) and is a bit more likely than average to be willing to go back at the right time to get the second dose.

So maybe the problem will come later, when otherwise healthy middle aged people are being vaccinated.
I would thought that might be less of a problem as from next week they are rolling out vaccinations in GP surgery's/community hubs. The hospitals doing the vaccines at the moment seem to be spread out for some people to travel up 15-20 miles away.

An awful lot of people don't live very close to a hospital - but that doesn't stop us going to them BY CHOICE when we need to go!

If folk just can't be arsed to go, frankly I'd rather they all drop dead PDQ, so I don't have to worry about catching anything from them and can get on with MY life. trouble with the children of unmarried parents is though - they bloody well won't drop dead.

These are not the places where there is a hospital near by, they been done on a more regional basis.

Saw tonight they are using the 3 counties showground as the hub for both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. Well it does have a lot of parking I spose, but not if we have much rain, being mainly grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back