Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhJoy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Having been diagnosed with an HbA1c of 118 in November, the results of my latest HbA1c today down to 44 And metformin reduced from 3 to 1 per day. Really happy, but only achieved because of all the help, advice and support here on the forum.

thank you all

That is an amazing achievement. Congratuations.

Having been diagnosed with an HbA1c of 118 in November, the results of my latest HbA1c today down to 44 And metformin reduced from 3 to 1 per day. Really happy, but only achieved because of all the help, advice and support here on the forum.

thank you all
Congratulations you have done a fantastic job 🙂
But may I point out that you only achieved those results because YOU acted on the suggestions, advice freely given by the forum members.
Many people come on the forum and then bury their heads in the sand and do nothing to help themselves then complain about their downward health problems.

So YOU did a fantastic job as well 🙂

Exactly. Well done you!

Well done indeed.
Out of interest, how did you do it?

I've seen many people make a real difference to their lives by dietary and other lifestyle changes and it's this philosophy and testimonials thereof that I would like to trumpet, particularly to recalcitrant, ill-informed 'diabetes professionals'.

Excellent result, well done!! Echo what others have said. This forum is fantastic for advice and help but you're the one that's put in the work and made the changes so give a HUGE shout out to yourself as well 😉

What a lovely post to read @OhJoy

Massive congratulations on all the hard work you have put in.

You should feel very proud of yourself.

Very well done. 🙂 Inspiring.

That's a brilliant result! Well Done.

It absolutely IS ruddy hard graft and none of us usually gets the congratulations we deserve - except on here - so I'm definitely adding mine to you!

And - keep up the good work! (yeah, just more of the same, this marathon is lifelong not like those sprints Eddie Izzard did!)

Well done indeed.
Out of interest, how did you do it?

I've seen many people make a real difference to their lives by dietary and other lifestyle changes and it's this philosophy and testimonials thereof that I would like to trumpet, particularly to recalcitrant, ill-informed 'diabetes professionals'.
Thank you, I did it by opting for a low carb diet. I have lost about 3 stone. At lunchtime I go for a brisk 30 minute walk and after dinner I do at least 30 minutes on the exercise bike.
I have stuck to it very strictly.

Thank you, I did it by opting for a low carb diet. I have lost about 3 stone. At lunchtime I go for a brisk 30 minute walk and after dinner I do at least 30 minutes on the exercise bike.
I have stuck to it very strictly.
Yep, great effort. I am a huge advocate of good (low carb) diet and exercise. So should our diabetic nurses / docs be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back