Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelenP

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just want to thank you guys, as without you I'm sure I wouldn't have had my 'smiley moment' today.

Diagnosed 12 days ago, with a blood sugar level of 18.5 and with no help or support available until September, I have today had a reading of 10.1 (elderley neighbour with one of them there testing machine things!). I know it's still high, but I was well chuffed with that!!

I'm pretty sure without the help and guidance I've had from the members of this forum, I wouldn't have had a clue what to do, or how to even begin trying to reduce that figure. I had assumed it would stay as high as it was originally until I got to see the diabetic nurse.

So, big thanks to all the forum members who help us newbies out with such great advice!

xx

hey helen aww thats great from 18.5 to 10.1 thats good always nice to start off gradually , you know anytime you need advice/help some body sometime will help you out hun xx this is the most welcoming site around

Well done Helen , what a fantastic drop in such a short time !! :D:D:D:D keep up the good work !!

Well done with the drop in the time you've had.

If you need help or advice, this forum is always here, even when you have to wait for doctor or nurse. Do try and get a monitor if you can as it will help you recognise which foods will cause the highs.

That's excellent news Helen! And now, before you get that appointment, you will be much better informed and have a greater understanding of the issues so you will have a better idea of a) what they're talking about and b) what questions you need to ask.

As has been suggested, it would be useful if you could get a BG meter and take a fasting (waking) level and the occasional pre- and post-meal (at 2hrs) test - this will give you a better overall picture and help persuade your doctor that you understand testing and would like test strips prescribed so that you can use the information to help with food choices etc.

Good luck, and well done again!🙂

Hi Helen..

Thats great news.. and a brilliant drop in such a short time...keep up the good work..:D

Heidi
xx🙂

Thanks everyone - I wasn't sure if I was being unnecessarily proud of myself or not!!

To be honest, with what I was eating before diagnosis I totally deserved to have such a high blood sugar level - I'm surprised I wasn't just a solid lump of sugar!! - and I've changed my diet quite dramatically in this last 10 days or so. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep it up (I've never been able to stick to 'diets' for long!) but I spose it's more important now than ever, so fingers crossed I won't fall off the wagon too often!! One day at a time.............

Cheers.

xx

thats the way to think of it helen im the same i can be good for 2 3 weeks then i might just have the odd snack and im back on the rubbish again , i got to really try hard some can go on diets and stick and be really well behaved but i cant im easily lead with choccie lol it just looks at me and says please eat me :D:D:D

Well done that's brilliant you must be feeling a little better now with a level around 10.I think you should be really proud of yourself

Emma xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back