Thank you

Woodywoodpecker

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Thank you to everyone that has replied to my messages, and given good advice and tips. It really has given me a great boost, to know that I am not longer alone on this journey. I’ve felt in denial then why me, anger and often frustration and tears, thinking why can’t I get this right. On bad days telling myself I can’t do this, on good days telling myself I can. Wish I had come on here sooner

Yes, it really is so reassuring to be able to seek advice and support and just compare notes with others who face the same challenges here on the forum. Diabetes can be scary and isolating and so difficult for non-diabetics to really understand how unrelenting it is and how much head space we need to devote to it, whilst still trying to maintain our everyday life.

I was lucky and found the forum almost straight away and I have learned more from people here than from any other source as well getting support and inspiration and lots of practical tips. I am so pleased you are feeling the benefit of the forum already.

I'm so glad you have found this forum so helpful and enriching - you can read all the books and websites and listen to healthcare professionals and gain good knowledge, but nothing beats interacting with others who really understand - It is difficult, and relentless, but you are surrounded here by people who genuinely want to help - glad you found us

Ah thanks @Woodywoodpecker that’s very kind of you.

Glad you have found the forum helpful. Thanks for being part of it 🙂

Back