Thank you update after HBA1C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatsnext

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,
Finally had my HBA1C checked in January after being diagnosed with T2 diabetes in October last year with a reading of 56.
Happy to report that following the advice offered by many of you on this forum, a suitable amount of reading of this forum and a daily walk my weight has dropped by over a stone and my result in January was 42.
I changed Gp at the beginning of this month and was tested again as a new patient, result is now 41.
I know this is not an end to the journey but hopefully the beginning of a better one. It is my intention to carry on with the changes I have made and hopefully reduce my readings further. I know there will be hiccups along the way so I will continue to read and contribute to this forum.

Thank you to everyone for the advice which was so lacking for me when I was diagnosed and to the people that keep the forum running so that others may benefit.

Lastly for those just diagnosed, please keep your chin up. It isn’t easy especially in the beginning and everybody’s experience is different, but the help you will receive on this forum will be invaluable.

I wish you all the best in your journey.

Many congratulations on 2 great new results and the fab weight loss and also your positive attitude going forward, as that is what is important to maintain good management of your health. I am sure other newbies will find this post inspirational. Well done!

Hi all,
Finally had my HBA1C checked in January after being diagnosed with T2 diabetes in October last year with a reading of 56.
Happy to report that following the advice offered by many of you on this forum, a suitable amount of reading of this forum and a daily walk my weight has dropped by over a stone and my result in January was 42.
I changed Gp at the beginning of this month and was tested again as a new patient, result is now 41.
I know this is not an end to the journey but hopefully the beginning of a better one. It is my intention to carry on with the changes I have made and hopefully reduce my readings further. I know there will be hiccups along the way so I will continue to read and contribute to this forum.

Thank you to everyone for the advice which was so lacking for me when I was diagnosed and to the people that keep the forum running so that others may benefit.

Lastly for those just diagnosed, please keep your chin up. It isn’t easy especially in the beginning and everybody’s experience is different, but the help you will receive on this forum will be invaluable.

congratulations you are obviously doing something right. i was diagnosed in 2022 my HBA1c was 49, 6 months later it was 50 and then in Dec 2023 it was up to 63. I still cannot get my head around what i should be eating, so many different advice going about what to eat. what did you eat to get your HBA1c down? i also take a long walk daily and i have lost a stone and 4 pounds recently so im not much over weight now maybe just need to loose another half a stone

Well done

Hi all,

Thank you @rebrascora for your lovely reply and to all who liked my post. @jane58 it sounds like you are making good progress. As I mentioned everyone is different and I found the first weeks quite challenging as I felt that everything I was eating raised my levels. I started by getting rid of cereal and replaced with Greek yogurt and berries. Other days I will have boiled eggs. Lunch is the difficult one for me, but at the moment it’s soup or low carb sandwich with salad. I don’t have pasta anymore and keep potatoes to two with meals, but I eat plenty of veg and salad, chicken, cheese and eggs. Keep positive and try to focus on what you can eat and what works for you. It’s very easy to feel down if everything you want to eat you can’t without consequences. Walking also helps, it clears your mind and helps you focus on the positives and helps with your weight. I wish you all the best, keep your chin up, you will get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back