Thank you guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

getcarter76

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just wanted to say a quick Thank you to all those who supported me through my turmoil of a weekend just gone and an update as to the outcome 🙂 (Would have posted yesterday but my daughter has come down with chicken pox)!

Re my high blood sugar levels...it seemed that i had a bad bunch of cartridges which are now in the bin and I have ordered another pen in case it was the old one damaging them too (also in the bin, so using the spare). Can't be having that again! I also asked for a Optimum Meter and strips on prescription for ketones which i have no way of testing for as it currently stands. I said this is a rare occurrence but would like the assurance of having some in case of illness and v high blood sugars in the future again. Also reaffirmed with other posts at the same time.

I spoke with my surgery and have got my test strips upped to 350 per month when i explained my situation to them. There was no probs at all with that.

I managed to sort out my refund for the test strips i had to purchase over the weekend and sorted out another prescription so i now have a decent supply at long last.

All in all it was quite a stressful nightmare but with a good result. Thanks all you guys who advised and supported me along the way with my high sugars and advice as to what to do. Hopefully this won't be happening again in the distant future...

Bernie x 🙂

Ooops just noticed I should have posted this on the general message board...any chance this can be moved? Thank you

Last edited:
...Ooops just noticed I should have posted this on the general message board...any chance this can be moved? Thank you

Consider it done! Glad to hear you've got things sorted Bernie, and a decent supply of strips too! 🙂

Glad to hear everything is sorted and you are feeling better and happier.

Sorry about your daughters chicken pox. When my son had it (he was about 4 or 5) I found lots of warm baths helped and something clled lactocalamine. It wasn't as messy as calamine lotion, but helped to relive the itching.

hi bernie glad yoou got stuff sorted ...sorry about the chicken pox 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back