Thank you from a serial lurker

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyH

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this forum for all the advice and support you give.

I’ve been a serial lurker for a couple of years now but finally prioritising my health and getting serious about Type 2.

I first found out I had high blood sugar via a private health test back in Feb 2021 and I dabbled with trying to deal with it by myself. I was in denial and just too ashamed to seek medical help or advice.

Last year I decided to take control. I called my GP practice and so far they have been really good. Remission is my aim and long term lifestyle changes too. I’m off to a good start but appreciate it’s early days.

What I want to say is just a huge THANK YOU to those who share their experiences here. You have supported me more than you will ever know.

To anyone else that is too ashamed to get help, please just do it. Taking control has been one of the best things I have done for my body and my mind.

It's a great forum isn't it? My GP and diabetes nurse have been brilliant but this forum has definitely shown me the way!!

Don't be afraid to ask questions - even if you think they are silly. They will be answered sensibly and by people that have a wealth of knowledge. Good luck with your remission xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back