Thank you for advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
How do you all cope with the red mist (Anger) it comes out of nowhere and I need to learn how to control it any advice

Hi

Just looked through your other posts. Are you still just on Metformin and statins or have they added other diabetes medication since you last posted? Trying to figure out if the "red mists" you mention could be related to low BG levels (either hypos or perhaps false hypos) or maybe very high BG levels. Both highs and lows can affect your mood.

Do you have a BG test kit to do finger prick tests at home and if so, do you test your levels when you feel like this?

How do you all cope with the red mist (Anger) it comes out of nowhere and I need to learn how to control it any advice
That's normally a sign of either high or low blood sugars if you have developed the red mist since diagnoses.

Those medications are unlikely to drop your levels too low, so my guess is that you may be running very high.

Have you had an HbA1c blood test recently and if so, do you know the result?

Do yo have any other symptoms of high BG levels.... thirst, frequent urination, fatigue, weight loss?

Have you been maintaining dietary changes or has your diet slipped a bit since your initial diagnosis?

I take it you don't have a test kit?

Hi

Just looked through your other posts. Are you still just on Metformin and statins or have they added other diabetes medication since you last posted? Trying to figure out if the "red mists" you mention could be related to low BG levels (either hypos or perhaps false hypos) or maybe very high BG levels. Both highs and lows can affect your mood.

Do you have a BG test kit to do finger prick tests at home and if so, do you test your levels when you feel like this?
Have not had much interaction with the doctor since diagnosis only a blood test every 3 months then I have to phone for results and they say satisfied. So still unsure of my progress

Those medications are unlikely to drop your levels too low, so my guess is that you may be running very high.

Have you had an HbA1c blood test recently and if so, do you know the result?

Do yo have any other symptoms of high BG levels.... thirst, frequent urination, fatigue, weight loss?

Have you been maintaining dietary changes or has your diet slipped a bit since your initial diagnosis?

I take it you don't have a test kit?
Don't test and no symptoms either just confusing diet has slipped a bit will get it back on track

Have not had much interaction with the doctor since diagnosis only a blood test every 3 months then I have to phone for results and they say satisfied. So still unsure of my progress
That isn't good enough. You should insist on them giving you the actual numbers. They are your results and you are entitled to know them.

When was the last blood test?

Have you had your BP checked? High BP can also make you short fused I believe along with stress.

I would suggest you need to go back to your GP and discuss this and find out exactly how your diabetes management is going.

Angry at little things like even the wrong thing being put somewhere

Your previous posts say you were diagnosed last June.
Is this change recent, or around the same time?

That isn't good enough. You should insist on them giving you the actual numbers. They are your results and you are entitled to know them.

When was the last blood test?

Have you had your BP checked? High BP can also make you short fused I believe along with stress.

I would suggest you need to go back to your GP and discuss this and find out exactly how your diabetes management is going.
My last blood test was December 31st will definitely be getting a appointment now thank you

You might find it is the statin - I was taking them for only a few weeks before I became suicidal and there were other changes, a sort of dementia - I think that statins get into the brain and alter things - my sister doesn't recognise the person her husband has become since he began taking statins, but he thinks his life depends on continuing taking them.
Some people report no alterations - the GPs who have tried to persuade me to take statins again tell me that it is very rare for there to be problems - but the problems are simply not reported so of course their opinion of them is not accurate.

You might find it is the statin - I was taking them for only a few weeks before I became suicidal and there were other changes, a sort of dementia - I think that statins get into the brain and alter things - my sister doesn't recognise the person her husband has become since he began taking statins, but he thinks his life depends on continuing taking them.
Some people report no alterations - the GPs who have tried to persuade me to take statins again tell me that it is very rare for there to be problems - but the problems are simply not reported so of course their opinion of them is not accurate.
The op started them in June last year according to previous posts, so it's very unlikely it's just happened now.

If it's been recent, and you haven't made any great changes to your meds, or diet, or anything else in your diabetes routine, it's worth getting a look at your hba1c historically to look for trends.
The other thing is if you are spiking, it would usually be worse after meals, or other events that spike you.

If there is nothing there, maybe consider other events that may have altered recently?
Any other changes to you, lack of sleep, stress, waking in the night, anything like that happened/happening.

Sorry to hear you are struggling with your mood @Divvy

It can be very difficult when you notice that you are behaving out of character, but can’t seem to work out why.

Good that you are arranging an appointment with your Dr to talk things through.

It is possible that it could be related to your glucose levels, which certainly can impact mood - but it may also simply be the diagnosis itself.

Following a bereavement I experienced very similar feelings of frustration, annoyance, and short temperedness as part of the grieving process. And many people liken their post-diagnosis experience as a form of grieving with phases of anger, denial, bargaining, depression and ultimately acceptance.

You may find techniques such as mindfulness or CBT help you allow yourself to accept things as they are in the moment so that your thoughts and feelings are less overwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back