Testing for keytones when you have your period one for the girls sorry guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
as some of you are aware my bs is playing up so am testing for keytones regularly Thing is i now have my peroid all i wanna know is will this effect results and can i still test for keytones:confused:. Sorry about this guys but dont know who else to ask
Thanks
gail

Sorry I cant really help on the question as im not a regular tester for ketones unless it is a high reading, but i can say when im on my period it does not seem to effect me otheres maybe diffirent .

I would think, and i'm not sure because i'm a bit of a failure on biology and don't know enough about ketone strips, that your blood contains protein and could give a false positive reading if you had blood in your urine. When i was first diagnosed i was checked up on on a monthly or bi-monthly basis, so for a while i was always going to the doctors mid-period, i handed in my urine sample and got asked if i was having a period, so i guess the nurses could tell, either from the reading or the orange pee...

I found the following (sorry to butt in your thread)...

Urinalysis should not be performed while a woman is menstruating or having a vaginal discharge. A woman who must have a urinalysis while she has a vaginal discharge or is having her period should insert a fresh tampon before beginning the test. She should also hold a piece of clean material over the entrance to her vagina to avoid contaminating the specimen.

Read more: http://www.faqs.org/health/topics/29/Urinalysis.html

I found the following (sorry to butt in your thread)...

Urinalysis should not be performed while a woman is menstruating or having a vaginal discharge. A woman who must have a urinalysis while she has a vaginal discharge or is having her period should insert a fresh tampon before beginning the test. She should also hold a piece of clean material over the entrance to her vagina to avoid contaminating the specimen.

Read more: http://www.faqs.org/health/topics/29/Urinalysis.html

Butt away Squidge thanks a very imformative post.

Blood detininately contaminates multistix.... hmm... I think Squidge just said that anyway, actually....

Thanks everyone looks like i cant test for keytones o bugger Thanks Squidge that helped a lot that link was really usefull
cheers everyone
gail

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know that, you really do learn something new everyday I think when you think about it it makes perfect sense. Thanks squide 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back