Tested positive for covid HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr1979

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Morning,

I tested positive for covid on Saturday and I feel like I have a full blown head cold, a cough and I’m very congested and mucusy. Has anyone had these symptoms when they’ve gotten covid and what are the best medications to take over the counter? I was taken Lemsip cold & flu but googling the interactions it looks like I shouldn’t be taking these.
HELP!!

Sorry you are not feeling well.
I hope you have had your two vaccination (and maybe the booster) so it won't get too serious.

So far (finger crossed, toes crossed, lucky rabbit's foot stroked, horseshoe ... what do you do to a horseshoe for good luck?), I have not succumbed but have stocked up on paracetamol in case it happens. It has been said for some time that paracetamol is the best home treatment along with rest.
Lemsip contains paracetamol so take care not to overdose on it.

Hope you feel better soon.

Oh no! Sorry to hear you have the lurgy @cr1979

In your shoes I think I would be treating like a cold/flu, with regular paracetamol, keeping fluids up, and resting - plus isolating and keeping away from others in the house, of course.

People with T1 are advised to keep a close look out for ketones even at fairly modest BG levels, but I don’t think that applies to T2?

Might be worth calling the Diabetes UK Helpline to see if they have any T2-specific advice?

There’s some general overview advice and information here too:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back