test strips T2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... conclusion seems to be that for most people it's not worth it, but if you're motivated and have the understanding to improve then it is. It does seem, however, from the many tales told here, that a lot of doctors don't really listen to patients even when they are motivated, and bully those too timid to press their case.

I was surprised that the overall improvements in HbA1c were 'insignificant'. Of course, HbA1c doesn't tell people when foods are spiking their BG sky high, which may cause more problems than a higher but stable BG level.

Found this on anouther forum

This summary is from the Health Technology Assessment Programme and discusses guidance to support or discourage the Type 2's who are not on insulin being able to self monitor.

http://redirectingat.com/?id=593X1004&url=http://www.hta.ac.uk/execsumm/summ1315.shtml

Dear Donald,

This has been raised a number of times before on this forum, and is a typical example of bad science. Here's a snippit that demonstrates what I mean:

" SMBG with additional training of patients in interpretation and application of the results, to enhance motivation and maintain adherence to a healthy lifestyle (more intensive self-monitoring)." This does not ask the participants to take specific action, like reducing carb content if BG readings are too high, and is so woolly as to be meaningless.

Regards Dodger

northerner & C*5 Doger
I' am sure this is an old chestnot that will not go away. But I will leave it up to people to make up there on mind and views on this, But personality I would like to test more But cannot on price.

Cheers Donald

northerner & C*5 Doger
I' am sure this is an old chestnot that will not go away. But I will leave it up to people to make up there on mind and views on this, But personality I would like to test more But cannot on price.

Cheers Donald

I had the no strips on prescription problem. I showed my doctor my results over the previous month and the trends including weight and Blood Pressure losses and got strips. I've just cut down my Metformin as the numbers now are too good.

northerner & C*5 Doger

Cheers Donald

totally agree

The nurse at my local surgery overruled the GP and now allows me 100 test strips every 2 months. I don't know how long this will last as she claims they argue about this all the time, the GP claims he is following guide lines by the PCT.

It happens all the time you might get the odd gp that will give you test strips but most times you do not get them.

The nurse at my local surgery overruled the GP and now allows me 100 test strips every 2 months. I don't know how long this will last as she claims they argue about this all the time, the GP claims he is following guide lines by the PCT.

Now.......I'm one that said he had problems getting test strips......imagine my surprise when a couple of weeks back, whilst going over my blood test results with the doctor. He, the doctor said that the nurse had no right to say I wasn't entitled to them, and promptly gave a prescription......now that was unexpected...

Now.......I'm one that said he had problems getting test strips......imagine my surprise when a couple of weeks back, whilst going over my blood test results with the doctor. He, the doctor said that the nurse had no right to say I wasn't entitled to them, and promptly gave a prescription......now that was unexpected...

So, now you have strips AND chips! Result!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back