Test strips ruined!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Oh dear I have had a dizzy moment and im not sure what to do .
I was testing my BS about 10 minutes ago and i left the pot of strips on the floor next to my glass of water... well guess what happened next! the pot of strips had fallen over and the dog knocked my glass and lo and behold the strips got soaked ive saved about 5 of them out of a pot of 25,i dont know what to do, can anyone tell me if the strips dry out will they be of any use??

I shouldnt think so Steff. Sounds like they would be likely to show an error code.

How about taking the pot to your pharmacist tomorrow and explaining what happened and try appealing to their "better" side for a replacement?? Long shot, but hey- if they say no you have lost nothing....

x

I shouldnt think so Steff. Sounds like they would be likely to show an error code.

How about taking the pot to your pharmacist tomorrow and explaining what happened and try appealing to their "better" side for a replacement?? Long shot, but hey- if they say no you have lost nothing....

x

thanks Lou funny thing is i was putting a script in for a pot of 50 tomorrow 🙄

Do you have to pay for them steff? x

Nothing to lose by trying to dry them on absorbant paper eg toilet roll or kitchen roll. Either they'll work or you'll get an error code. You'll remember to fix the cap next time...

I wouldnt use them Steph - they could *work* but you may get a false reading.:(🙂Bev

Do you have to pay for them steff? x

Oh no hun im exempt

thanks copepod i certainly will, a mistake i wont be repeating in a hurry i tell you, what im going to do at 8.30 is take a test with a strips that got caught Bev and see what happens

Was just wondering, do you have control solution? Might be worth doing a control test with one, seeing what result you get.

Was just wondering, do you have control solution? Might be worth doing a control test with one, seeing what result you get.

I do yeah, god im so slow lol thanks Lou.

Just went to get my control solution out and it says on the back 2010/07 so its 2 month out of date, guess i cant use that either then.

Ahh as suspected i got the ER-2 message meaning problem with the freestyle lite strip, guess ill have to put my best desperation face on tomorrow at the chemist and the ones they give me hopefully they can just take out of my next script of strips.

For anyone interested I managed to get 10 strips off the chief pharmacy guy today, explained the story and he was rather snotty which shocked me abit because im used to dealing with the 2 ladies at the chemist i suspect he is not as friendly.

For anyone interested I managed to get 10 strips off the chief pharmacy guy today, explained the story and he was rather snotty which shocked me abit because im used to dealing with the 2 ladies at the chemist i suspect he is not as friendly.

I just rang my pharmacy steffie cos i realised i only had 2 strips left and he is giving me a pot of 25 untill morning when i take my script in,he has done this for me before.
carole

I just rang my pharmacy steffie cos i realised i only had 2 strips left and he is giving me a pot of 25 untill morning when i take my script in,he has done this for me before.
carole

grr hun ask if he is for rent :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back