Test results query

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaL76

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Hello all, just a little query if I may. A couple of weeks back I had cpeptide/insulin levels tested. I was told production was adequate by the consultant. I had a letter with actual figures on through the post. C pep 703, insulin 59.6. I sort of understand the cpep but can’t find anything online as to what’s normal for insulin does anyone know this information? Consultant added as my production is not increased it’s still inconclusive. Antigad still positive but dropped a smidge. The test wasn’t a fasting one although I’m at very low carb which I’m sure would make a different. It was blood not urine also. Thanks in advance. Hope everyone is doing ok xx

I can only find information about fasting insulin tests @EmmaL76 It’s frustrating when they don’t put the range on the letter, isn’t it?

@EmmaL76 Do you have the NHS app? You can see test results on there and it shows the range the result should be and often has a link to explain what it means 🙂

@EmmaL76 Do you have the NHS app? You can see test results on there and it shows the range the result should be and often has a link to explain what it means 🙂
Yes I do have the one for my doctors but as this was done at hospital I’m not sure it would show up on there but will have a look Thankyou x

Yes I do have the one for my doctors but as this was done at hospital I’m not sure it would show up on there but will have a look Thankyou x
Only the tests requested by the GP appear on the App.

Hello all, just a little query if I may. A couple of weeks back I had cpeptide/insulin levels tested. I was told production was adequate by the consultant. I had a letter with actual figures on through the post. C pep 703, insulin 59.6. I sort of understand the cpep but can’t find anything online as to what’s normal for insulin does anyone know this information? Consultant added as my production is not increased it’s still inconclusive. Antigad still positive but dropped a smidge. The test wasn’t a fasting one although I’m at very low carb which I’m sure would make a different. It was blood not urine also. Thanks in advance. Hope everyone is doing ok xx
If 703 is a non Fasting C pep result I think your insulin production is not that elevated.

I had a 16hr fasting C pep test and my result came out as 696 despite being on Low carb diet.

Thanks for that. My last 2 have been urine test and this was the first blood one. I’m pretty sure my production is declining but I don’t know if that was the low carb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back