Terrified

corriefan

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi I'm really nervous because this Monday my college assessor is coming to observe me doing an activity with the children

I know this can be distressing, however just remember you have practiced this day in and day out. Just see it as an ordinary day and do the activity just as you would normaly.

You will be aware of them being there qnd your mind will be racing etc but just remember you can do this.

I know this can be distressing, however just remember you have practiced this day in and day out. Just see it as an ordinary day and do the activity just as you would normaly.

You will be aware of them being there qnd your mind will be racing etc but just remember you can do this.
Thank you so much mark x

Remember that some of the inspectors have very little experience of actually doing your job. You are the expert and they are the observer. Just enjoy working with the children and the fruit kebabs sound lovely. Let us know how you get on.

Remember that the assessor's role as well isn't to fail you or nitpick, that's not their goal. They're there to assess and support. As Mark said, you will be aware of them, however you know what you're doing!
Also, fruit kebabs sound amazing!

Remember that some of the inspectors have very little experience of actually doing your job. You are the expert and they are the observer. Just enjoy working with the children and the fruit kebabs sound lovely. Let us know how you get on.
Thank you so much for your reply xx

Remember that the assessor's role as well isn't to fail you or nitpick, that's not their goal. They're there to assess and support. As Mark said, you will be aware of them, however you know what you're doing!
Also, fruit kebabs sound amazing!
Thank you so much for your lovely reply xx

Thank you everyone for your support I'm worrying over silly things such as whether I need to put an apron on the children or just me because they are hard to put on and whether I can use plates instead of chopping boards as only have one chopping board and whether the fruit will fit on a kebab stick and whether the children will listen to me

All the best for tomorrow @corriefan

Hope yoir assessment goes really well!

All that matters is that you did notice and I assume fixed the situation. 'Scrapes and scuffs' are part of childhood unfortunately, and as a responsible adult in charge, it's only natural for you to worry when it happens under your care. Fix them up, make sure they're ok and remind them to come to you when it does happen again to them or their friend.

I have a brother who's 20 years younger than me. Quite a few years back, we were simply drawing when I noticed him bleeding - quite rapidly I might add - from his leg. How? When? No one knows. He didn't even notice until I pointed it out to him. First aid skills to the rescue and the activity was 'safe' again. It comes with the 'territory' of working with kids, you won't be able to prevent every single injury, but it's important that they know they can and should turn to you for help, when they need to. :star:

Thank you Work has gone so bad yesterday I over heard a childs parent complained a couple of weeks ago about three child's bottom being sore and not wiped properly and feel so upset as can't remember if was Mr that week who changed them

Thank you Work has gone so bad yesterday I over heard a childs parent complained a couple of weeks ago about three child's bottom being sore and not wiped properly and feel so upset as can't remember if was Mr that week who changed them
It's so difficult working with children, isn't it? Understandably (and correctly), parents have high standards for their children and will (hopefully!) complain when things don't go well - but don't always remember to praise professionals when things do go well.

Back