Terbinafine

Status
Not open for further replies.

falcon123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Nearly two years ago when I broke my femur I picked up a fungal nail infection. Over a year treating it with Curanail nearly cleared it up bar a big toe nail and one other. This seemed to be a plateau so I tried some alternative remedies including tea-tree oil and cyder vinegar (not at the same time). While it got no worse it did not improve. It has been suggested that I get a prescription for terbinafine from my GP after having liver and kidney function tests. Has anyone ever taken this and what were the results? It sounds somewhat unpleasant.

I also suffer from fungal nail disease. I've asked my doctor about taking an oral remedy but he advised against it because of it's possible liver toxicity. After all is it worth risking serious and possibly fatal liver disease to cure what is after all just a cosmetic problem.

falcon my stepson who has no spleen and other med problems ...thus little immunity had a very nasty nail infection when he first came to live with us last april, we tried the teatree route but no help... but the gp gave him 5ml loceryl 5% nail lacquer (amorolfine) and it cleared up a treat ...might help ?

falcon my stepson who has no spleen and other med problems ...thus little immunity had a very nasty nail infection when he first came to live with us last april, we tried the teatree route but no help... but the gp gave him 5ml loceryl 5% nail lacquer (amorolfine) and it cleared up a treat ...might help ?

Thanks for the response Am64. Sadly Curanail is one of the brands of amorolfine. Apparently it does not work fully in about 33% of cases.

Thanks for the response Am64. Sadly Curanail is one of the brands of amorolfine. Apparently it does not work fully in about 33% of cases.

shame falcon it worked well for him...good luck finding a cure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back