Temptation!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_G

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well i have 3 boxes of chocolates in the cupboard and i am really wishing i wasnt diabetic right now!!

Already had a fair few....well i had to treat myself 🙄

I know we can have chocolate and cake if we take the right amount of insulin but is it ok to have it every day? or is it doing us damage even tho we take the correct insulin for it? im finding it hard to break the chocoholic habit!

🙂

You can definitely eat it Nikki! As you said just make sure you bolus for it. If you wanted to be really thorough, you could experiment to find out when it peaks so you can match your insulin to it best 🙂

I'm craving chocolate now haha. Worth a walk to the shops? Maybe!

Hehe! You can have it every day, but you'll put on weight! 😱
As in put on weight as a non diabetic would or am i more prone to this due to the insulin...? or is that a silly thing to ask lol 🙂

I'm craving chocolate now haha. Worth a walk to the shops? Maybe!

Defenatly worth a walk to the shops 🙂 burn off the carbs on the way back hehe, enjoy 🙂 x

Hi DG,
sorry have never been a chocoholic, but can see your problem!

How about giving the chocs away, then they won't be in the cupboard saying 'eat me' evrytime you go in said cupboard?

Shirl x

Think Northe just means put on weight like any person!!

Just discovered 2 HUGE bars of Toblerone in the fridge. Thankfully they're not mine so I can't scoff the lot but I might have to have a triangle or two...!

Must speak to my GP and get some rapid acting insulin, you T1s are just torturing me!😡

Think Northe just means put on weight like any person!!

Just discovered 2 HUGE bars of Toblerone in the fridge. Thankfully they're not mine so I can't scoff the lot but I might have to have a triangle or two...!

Actually, I think you are prone to put on more weight, since our methods of delivering the insulin is far less efficient, unfortunately, so we do have to be more careful. :(

Why did you mention toblerone? My favourite!!!!

Actually, I think you are prone to put on more weight, since our methods of delivering the insulin is far less efficient, unfortunately, so we do have to be more careful. :(

Why did you mention toblerone? My favourite!!!!

Yea i guess as we inject it all as one wheras healthy pancreas secretes just enough little by little? that sucks!! Oh well more exercise then!

Mmm toblerone....🙂

LOL! I love Toblerone too (but then - I AM swiss😉)

As to the question - C has a dessert, be it chocolate, ice cream or other, every evening meal. She just gives herself enough insulin to cover it. But I still reduce the quantity of dessert, if her pre meal reading isn't below 10. She does complain though!

I eat chocolate pretty much every day. I have managed to get down to one of those mini size chocolates each day. I am trying to lose weight so I am trying to eat less chocolate etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back