Temperature 'spikes'

Status
Not open for further replies.

C6H12O6

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Does anyone get a temperature, usually in the early evenings? It's not a clinically significant temperature but I can go up from my usual 36.5°C to 37.4°C which can make me feel a bit rubbish (but nothing major). I just wondered if this is a known 'thing' with diabetes or if I'm just odd!

Is your BG higher at these times? How long has this been going on for? Is it after a meal?
I can't answer your question, but maybe by answering these questions someone much more knowledgeable than me may be able to help.

Or... Maybe you're just odd 🙂

I believe temperature can go up and down with a range. Women’s temperature also changes with the menstrual cycle. So, I’d be more concerned about the fact you’re feeling ill rather than the slight changes. Have you have COVID or an illness recently that might be lingering?

Never having owned a thermometer I'd never know, other than feeling hot and having to eg take a cardi off. But if feeling not right, like @Inka said, that's what would concern me too and prompt me to test BG.

Sounds perfectly normal to me. Your temperature varies during the day, lower during the night and morning, goes up during the day. 37.5 doesn’t mean you’re infected with anything.

if everyone on the forum took their temperature several times a day they would have noticed that. The answer, of course, despite the comments above, is to stop taking your temperature and forget about it.

Sounds perfectly normal to me. Your temperature varies during the day, lower during the night and morning, goes up during the day. 37.5 doesn’t mean you’re infected with anything.

if everyone on the forum took their temperature several times a day they would have noticed that. The answer, of course, despite the comments above, is to stop taking your temperature and forget about it.
But what would I do with my days then?!

As I said, I know its not clinically significantly high but these spikes come with symptoms which did make me question them and wonder if they are indicative of something bigger. My sugars are inconsistent when I get these symptoms so I'll go with just odd for now 😉:D
Thanks everyone🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back