Tell me a Marketing Slogan

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceFace

Forum Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Tell me your favourite Marketing Slogan on commercial adverts, i will go first this is mine, You have been Tango'842baa402b5e48bb86f76e4501b007e7.jpgd

Swillmart - "Where Quality Is a Slogan"

1699357459200.png

anadin.jpg

I remember "Smith's are my flavourite crisps" at the time I didn't get it, I just thought that the kid had a speech impediment.

A million housewives every day pick up at can of beans and say Beans Means Heinz. Well OK perhaps they do, just not in our house although for a long while me and the Mk 1 husband both preferred the Heinz ones rather than eg Crosse & Blackwell and usually we had previously found that any make other than H all had more sauce and less beans. More recently we found that Tesco own brand beans were a darn good substitute and even more lately - Aldi's ones are now being enjoyed at less than half the cost. Hence I reckon a million housewives every day pick up a can of beans and say You've got to be joking at that price! put it down again and leave it in the shop.

“You’re never alone with a Strand”

Famously disastrous cigarette advertising.

Back when I was a kid, the supermarket's own brand stuff tended to me not very good. Nowadays I always buy Asda's own brand stuff if it's available, including beans. It is generally about half the price and these days it is generally as good or better than the branded products.

When you think about it, advertising jingles are incredibly good at what they do, embedded themselves permanently in your head. I'm 65 now and I can still remember jingles from the time that I first started school.

"Esso sign means happy motoring, call at the Esso sign!"

Last edited:
Not to mention 'Put a Tiger in your tank' - the Texaco tiger petrol advert.

Or - paraffin, to the tune of Smoke Gets In Your Eyes, They asked me how I knew it was Esso Blue ......

The Esso blee dooler.

Opal Fruits, made to make your mouth water. 🙂 Yuck. I liked the white ones but they stopped them.

First adverts I remember ... Murray Mints and Pepsodent.

Ah yes - the too good to hurry mints, and you'll wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent.
At around this time of year we used to get 'tick a tick a Timex tra la lah' and there was the singing petrol pump - the Esso sign means happy motoring, also 'Shh - you know who' and trebor mints are a minty bit stronger and the vacuum cleaner which beats as it sweeps as it cleans.

Anyone remember Hi Karate after shave? If you wore it you ended up having to employ your martial arts skills to fight of a girl with big boobies.

R Whites Lemonade - with the bloke sneaking downstairs in the middle of the night and then singing Elvis-style “R Whites Lemonaaaaaade…”
And Shake N Vac with the woman vacuuming her lounge ”do the shake and vac and put the freshness back”

R Whites Lemonade - with the bloke sneaking downstairs in the middle of the night and then singing Elvis-style “R Whites Lemonaaaaaade…”
I'm not sure ads work for me.
I remembered the "secret lemonade drinker" but couldn't reember which brand of lemonade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back