Status
Not open for further replies.

lordburnside

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
This is a good problem I suppose.

My business partner bought me a champagne tea at The Savoy (bought last Christmas). I am going on Tuesday.
I am looking forward to going but several sandwiches, scones, jam and some cakes with icing should send my BG into orbit!.
I might put the cakes in a doggy bag and give them to the girls in my hotel and eat the rest!

The sandwiches will be OKish, and I will be mean with the jam. Maybe have one cake!

I can walk several miles afterwards to bring the BG back down again. I will let you know how I get on.

After my holiday I will be a good boy again. I am not taking meds!

Yes afternoon tea is likely to send your BG upwards but you also have to live a little (or a lot)!! Tea at the Savoy sounds fabulous - enjoy and eat whatever you like. It's just one day 😉

I've just had a week in Spain and had pudding every night but I'm back to reality now with no real harm done.

I completely agree and often talk about balance with our health management, not just our diabetes management.
It is easy to focus just on our BG and diabetes but if that was all we did our quality of life and mental health could be severely affected.
I am sure I could have perfect BG if I lived in a climate controlled bubble where, every day, I eat the same food at the same time, drink the same drinks at the same time, do the same exercise at the same time, avoid any stress, never get ill, have a perfect night's sleep, etc. But that would not be living; it would be existing and, knowing me, my mental health would be affected ... which might affect my BG anyway.

Enjoy your tea and, if you are struggling to find someone to eat your cakes, you can give me a shout. 😎

Make sure you enjoy it and try not to think about the diabetes. One meal which is a naughty is fine, your wellbeing matters too.
It will be wonderful. What a great treat!

How lovely for you. Enjoy it. One day won't matter. It would only be an issue if you did it on a regular basis as it would for anyone really.

I was treated by someone I worked for years ago to afternoon tea at the Ritz. It is a fantastic experience. Have a wonderful time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back