Tattoo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_G

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have booked to have my very first tattoo next week, just a medium size one...eeeeeeeek! 😱

I am a little worried however about how my blood sugars will react when i am having this done.

....so to those of you that have got tattoos, what was your experiences...did you go high/low???

I will make sure i eat well before i go and also keep a bottle of lucozade to hand! 🙂

Oh and i not telling you what i am having hehehehe u will have to wait and see!

Dont have any advice, just wanted to say good luck and welcome to the tatoo club :D :D x

i think the thing to watch out for it any infection ...i might be wrong tho !!! good luck looking forward to the piccies ...🙂

my tattooist always kept a can of real coke in the fridge for me 🙂 Mine seemed to go high as its putting the body under stress and pain so out shoots the glucose. Stupid body tehe.

Blimey that was some years ago now though!!! I feel like a tattoo veteran :D

when i got my first tat I wasnt even remotely interested in my blood sugar, I was only diabetic for a few months.........

I would say your sugars might go up as silentassasin pointed out, but everyone had different threholds to pain so you might not see any difference.......its not sore anyway.....

cant wait to see some pics..........

I just had my fourth on friday and my sugars were fine, just make sure to keep it clean etc afterwards and follow the advice of your tattooist in that dept, mine is fine and is healing really well as its the biggest ive had, it took 2.5 hours to do and at the start i got a lollypop to suck on and when i left and tested i was 7.2 so fab for me!!

Good luck and lets see some piccies 🙂

My sugars weren't affected either - mind you it only took about 15 mins and it didn't hurt anyway....good luck!

Go for it girl. Mind the infection and don't forget about a good aftercare 😉

Last edited by a moderator:
Go you nikki!! I never checked my bg after latest tattoo but as others have said a little pain = little stress= maybe higher bg level, i used bepanthen on my tats as it keeps the colour better and doesnt dry out ur tattoo good luck nikki 🙂

A long time ago when I was talking about having a tattoo I was told to make sure the needles/pens were sterile. being alergic to pain I never did get a tattoo.

Funniest thing for me is that I have a needle phobia (albeit not as bad as it was) and those who want to inject me/take blood are almost amazed when they see my tattoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back