Tattoo Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter C

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
it was interesting reading the Tattoo thread.
I don't know if it was mentioned but tattoos change colour depending on bg levels. It was proposed half a dozen years ago that dmers should have a tattoo which changed colour with low bgs and alerted them to lows/hypos.

Earlier this year an American company perfected the idea with a tattoo ink that goes purple with low bgs. It stores glucose and reacts to low levels.

so diabetics can have a tattoo which is a recognised symbol of diabetes in a generally agreed spot in case they are rushed into hospital AND use it as a monitor of bgs.🙂

I remember we had a report on that not too long ago. We were trying to decide where you might put the tattoo so you didn't get the 'diabetes police' saying 'Ooh, you're too high to eat that biscuit'🙂

I remember we had a report on that not too long ago. We were trying to decide where you might put the tattoo so you didn't get the 'diabetes police' saying 'Ooh, you're too high to eat that biscuit'🙂

😱 i want a colour changing tattoo. It would have to be very tiny though, like...a dot of ink or something :D

There was a thread on the new board a few months back about research being done about colour changing tattoos for diabetics. I think the reality for us may be some way off at the moment but a really interesting area of research. Posting on my iPod so can't search for the thread/link but will do in the morning if no one beats me to it!

My tattoos are still the same colours, apart from the naff (unicorn) one I had done when I was about 16 which has faded.

i love tattoos 🙂 i have a few now , had my first when i was 16 , i have a new 1 booked in for 2nd feb and i cant wait , although it is a cover up job for one that went very very wrong lol , its gonna take 4 hours and the dodgey one will be gone YAY! , tattoos dont seem to affect me or my b.s at all but then after 20yrs of injecting a few needles really dont phase me at all , and did i mention i love it , love the artwork , love having them , love the finished project :D

It would be rather amusing if ALL normal tattoos changed colour 😉

If that actually finishes getting developed & is a workable possibility I would so get one done! Very handy & bits of your body changing colour sounds very amusing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back