Tangled in my pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaughingHyena

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
So overnight I leave the pump on the bed next to me, not generally a problem.

However in my not quite awake state this morning, I got up, remembering to pick the pump up before walking off and put on my dressing gown. The problem came when, having put the pump in my pocket I took my hand out, only to find the pump coming with it.

Only after a few attempts at leaving the pump in my pocket did it dawn on me. I'd had the pump in my hand while putting on the dressing gown and threaded the tubing down the sleeve.

So I can't be the only one tangled in my tubing, so tell me, how do you tangle yours?

I always seem to get my tubing tangled up in the seat belt when I'm a passenger, unclip my pump to look at the screen then clip it back on my waistband over the seat belt, release the belt and nearly yank the cannula out. My other favourite is getting the tubing tangled round my ipod earphone cables by clipping my pump back over or through the cables, its like trying to unpick knitting.

My other favourite is getting the tubing tangled round my ipod earphone cables by clipping my pump back over or through the cables, its like trying to unpick knitting.

Headphone wires do add a whole other level of tangled.

When I first talked about the pump my husbands comments were that it would be tangled in my knitting before long. Haven't done it yet. I did knit my drip into a sock I was working on in hospital, so I suppose he has reason to worry.

I got some M&S Secret Support strappy vests - the type with a band under the boobs - and tuck the pump in the top, a bit like wearing it tucked in my bra. It's not fallen out yet and the tops are quite pretty with pj bottoms. Works for me anyway.🙂

Hehe great topic! No major tangling episodes from me, just issues with cats playing with my tubing when it's visible...I try to remember to carefully watch their eyes now to pre-empt any irresistible paw and claw activity. Thank goodness the tubing has a double construction and is tough 🙂

I wear a night shirt when it's cold. I'm new at pumping and so far have left the pump roaming free. This morning I was woken by a nasty painful stab. Put my hand to my abdomen and find a needle roaming loose. Cannula had come out despite extra micropore tape. Fortunately it was infusion set morning and BG was 3.7 which was a bit surprising!

Hey just thought Patti - maybe your body is actually more with it than your brain at that time of day - it detected the hypo and ejected the cannula!

:D

I'm loving this thread! Good to have a thread that makes us laugh :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back