Tandem X2 Control IQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekromantik

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi all

those on tandem x2 with control iq, is there a safety feature which compensates for wrong dexcom readings?
for example my last cgm readings were 3 units higher then finger prick for most of the day as I was not able to change it until this morning.
I am thinking about getting X2 this summer but was worried about this aspect of control IQ.

hi all

those on tandem x2 with control iq, is there a safety feature which compensates for wrong dexcom readings?
for example my last cgm readings were 3 units higher then finger prick for most of the day as I was not able to change it until this morning.
I am thinking about getting X2 this summer but was worried about this aspect of control IQ.
I'm not sure it compensates since it doesn't know what's a correct reading and what's incorrect, but you are able to calibrate the Dexcom readings within the Tandem t:slim pump, just like you can on the Dexcom reader and in the app.

Did you not just recalibrate the G6?

I know it can be a frustrating business calibrating Dexcom - especially if Dex is being stubborn and ignoring the calibration values every 3 minutes, but with persistence it IS possible to steer dexcom back into range.

I find I have to enter calibration values twice, on both the app and the pump itself. Then recheck again in a few minutes, because sometimes Dex is convinced it is right and jumps back up close to where it was before you started o_O

But with persistence (and a gentle single calibration or two later on for fine-tuning) I have developed a way of getting Dex to toe the line. Eventually!

thanks guys
I read that calibration only works if the Dexcom is within 4 units of actual reading. Is this not true?
Im on G7 now and find it much more sensitive to bad readings. I know X2 does not yet support g7 but I wont be getting new pump until September most likely.

If you try to make a big jump in one go sometimes it freaks the sensor out which then asks to wait 30 minutes. But there doesn't seem to be a limit on calibrating, then calibrating again, and then again.

As I say the nuisance is when the sensor is determined it is 'right' and keeps jumping back up towards its errant reading - but you just have to be persistent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back