Tamiflu and blood levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becca

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all

R has been complaining of sore throat and headache this past hour and so have spoken to GP. In light of the fact i've got swine flu he's prescribing her Tamiflu. Her BMs have been between 10-15 all day with temp basals, will have to set up a new pattern on the pump. Thankfully, no ketones. I knew something was a brewing!

Just wondered if others have had Tamiflu and how it has affected levels? Althought might be hard to see as levels are higher.

Thanks

A has been on tamiflu since sunday - no change in his bg - apart from the first day when he was high due to the illness!🙂 Hope R feels better soon, i am doubting that A had swine flu as it has been very mild, but maybe its different in everyone.😉Bev

Hi Becca...

Personally I would'nt have thought Tamiflu would directly affect the BG...It would be the illness that had the effect..I could be wrong here...so many apologies if I am..🙂

Hope the little one and yourself feel much better soon🙂

Heidi
x🙂

Hi Becca

Hope you and R are doing ok and both will be better soon. Keep us posted. 🙂

will keep you posted as I will get my tamiflu later today. Seems like this illness is going to make my blood sugars low, I've just tested at 4.8 fasting, which is lower than normal for me. Some illness make me high some low, I don't have an explanation for it though.

Hope she starts to feel better soon. I've slept for almost 24 hours and feel a bit better for it. I did manage to get to my brothers graduation with only the start of a sore throat

I hope you and R are better. The best way to go is keep an eye on things and adjust accordingly.

hi becca i hope you and R are better x tke care of yourselves x

Hi all

R has been complaining of sore throat and headache this past hour and so have spoken to GP. In light of the fact i've got swine flu he's prescribing her Tamiflu. Her BMs have been between 10-15 all day with temp basals, will have to set up a new pattern on the pump. Thankfully, no ketones. I knew something was a brewing!

Just wondered if others have had Tamiflu and how it has affected levels? Althought might be hard to see as levels are higher.

Thanks

Hi Becca , I hope you are all well today , Ive been on Tamiflu for 5 days now ( this is my 5th) after my initial 20+ the first day I was ill I have had brilliant levels , 3's and 4's :confused: Im not sure if the tamiflu lowers blood sugars or not but I usually rocket to the 20's and stay there when ill. Seemingly not this time though :confused: . I hope you all get well soon :D

blood sugars have been good, stayed below 10 anyway so I'm perfectly happy with that, this is day 2 on tamiflu for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back