Taking the widdle big time me thinks.

Pumper_Sue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Nr neighbours had 9 family members in their 2 bed bungalow yesterday age range from 92 years down to 4 months of age.
I can not see this partial lockdown advancing any further with ignorant people like this. The thing that really bugs me is the eldest is on the most vulnerable list.
Stupid is as stupid does just about sums it up.

mikeyB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
There may be no increased risk. If the visitors, and the neighbours, had all preciously been self isolating, then there is no risk.

If one has not been self isolating, and not obeying the lockdown rules, then there is an increased risk, which increases exponentially with each person who hasn't been self isolating and not obeying the rules.

Mind you, that kind of risk assessment wouldn't cut any ice with the police if they'd seen it. It does contravene the current advice, confusing as it is.

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Yes, all the back gardens along the road erupted with people, noise and the clinking of glasses and I just hoped no one had received a nicely wrapped parcel in the last five days and was incubating the virus.
I had just been reading about cases of C-19 amongst the people protesting about the lockdown in the US, there will be more amongst the people they called in on to tell of their exploits on the way home, no doubt.

Pumper_Sue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
If one has not been self isolating, and not obeying the lockdown rules, then there is an increased risk, which increases exponentially with each person who hasn't been self isolating and not obeying the rules.
None of them had been self isolating as the rules do not apply to them :mad: But they do expect the nurse to come out to their house though as to dangerous to go to the surgery.

C&E Guy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've been staying in for 9 weeks now. Only been out in the car on my own one time. Yet I keep seeing crowds of folk on The News out disobeying the rules. And they seem to have no idea what 2m looks like.

mikeyB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
To be fair, those TV shots showing crowds of folk are taken with long lenses, so the perspective is squashed, making them look closer together. They might well know what 2m looks like, so a perspective from a drone camera might well exonerate them.

A picture of the crowded beach in Bournemouth I saw yesterday, showed that was crowded, but everyone appeared to be keeping up with the 2m distancing.

brisr949

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I feel like its a kick in the teeth for people who have been obeying the rules.
Surely as an island we should be covid free if everyone had obeyed all the rules from the start.
We are fighting two pandemics, coronavirus and stupidity.
The selfish have and will still keep this rolling on.
Adam.

mikeyB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The stupidity epidemic appears to infest the English government as well. For sure, there’s an epidemic of fibbing.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Last bit is what we two find scary Adam, when lungs are severely compromised to begin with, hence no proper exercise at all since 12th March when we last did a normal Tesco visit so had a good walk and since then locked down. 'Don't leave your home, you can open a window, for at least 12 weeks' was the Government advice.