Tackling type 2 diabetes -- helped by HSE'S classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
WHAT do Halle Berry, Meat Loaf and Mikhail Gorbachev have in common? They are all examples of people living full and active lives with diabetes.

The HSE has introduced a free group education programme specifically for people with type 2 diabetes.

The six-week nationwide programme, X-PERT (Expert Patient Education versus Routine Treatment), gives participants the skills confidence to make changes to their diet and lifestyle.

Type 2 diabetes is typically diagnosed as people get older; however, the increase in obesity rates means that many people are now being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes at an earlier age.

http://www.argus.ie/lifestyle/tackling-type-2-diabetes-helped-by-hses-classes-3027768.html

WHAT do Halle Berry, Meat Loaf and Mikhail Gorbachev have in common? They are all examples of people living full and active lives with diabetes.

The HSE has introduced a free group education programme specifically for people with type 2 diabetes.

The six-week nationwide programme, X-PERT (Expert Patient Education versus Routine Treatment), gives participants the skills confidence to make changes to their diet and lifestyle.

Type 2 diabetes is typically diagnosed as people get older; however, the increase in obesity rates means that many people are now being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes at an earlier age.

http://www.argus.ie/lifestyle/tackling-type-2-diabetes-helped-by-hses-classes-3027768.html

I never knew Meatloaf had diabetes. Isn't the 'in the news' depressing today

I never knew Meatloaf had diabetes. Isn't the 'in the news' depressing today

It usually is! 😱 Like most news really, perhaps we should have an 'And finally...' story like they used to in the old News At Ten days to cheer things up! 🙂

Newsround is still as uplifting overall as when John Craven started it.

I only see it about once a month, but am still always impressed and informed by it! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back