T2 my first blood glucose level etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinky72

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hye, Its Di or Diane here....

I'm a bit fed up,with the reception people at my GP's. I have had to phone twice. I still don't have stuff, for me know how to an what i have to do. To control, my T2. Which i was diagnosed nearly 2 weeks ago.

Some of my son's NHS paid for carer's are nurses, an they had recomended, I buy a couple of meters to see what suits me.

I brought the following ACCU- CHEK compact plus. Also a BAYER CONTOUR

I did my first blood glucose level. I'm usuing the ACCU-CHEK as it was the first one with everything to come.

I did it abt two hours after a sandwich an it was 8.0 .

I have brought enough test strips for the next four to six months,dep on 2 or 3 a day testing. I also brought 600 Lancets.

I also brought Understanding Diabetes (The British Medical Association, from Boots)
A small note book, to keep my levels in..

Wonders if I have I brought everything i need?

I'm usuing the little plasitc thingy, that your new strip drum comes in. Is a very handy when out an about used obvs sharpes litter bin..

Di xx

Hi Diane

Welcome to the forum.

Well done on getting a meter. Many T2s are apparently actively discouraged from getting one, which is madness... it really is the best weapon you'll have to work out what your body can and can't cope with. It's also a great way to see how your body copes with any dietary advice you may get, which you may decide not to follow if the results don't look good.

If you have not come across it you might find Jennifer's advice helpful as a structure of testing to give your results some sort of framework/meaning.

The good news is that your 8.0mmol/l at 2 hours after eating is in line with the Diabetes UK guidelines which suggest adult Type 2s should aim for:

4-7 before meals and
less than 8.5 by two hours after meals

Hopefully you'll get some advice from your clinic/team soon.
M

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back