T2 in remission but...

Eeyorecat

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed in Sept 22 and was put on meds, changed my diet and within 3 months I was back in normal range. I was then able to cut back on the meds. I have been off the meds 6 months and am managing at the moment to stay in the normal range, although my last test was April 24 but I assume I am still doing ok.

My question is for the last 4 weeks I have had a numbness in my foot not painful just annoying - is it something I should bother the Dr about? Being in remission is it something to be worried about? I know they said when I was diagnosed things I should be mindful of but if in remission is this still the case?

Thanks

I was diagnosed in Sept 22 and was put on meds, changed my diet and within 3 months I was back in normal range. I was then able to cut back on the meds. I have been off the meds 6 months and am managing at the moment to stay in the normal range, although my last test was April 24 but I assume I am still doing ok.

My question is for the last 4 weeks I have had a numbness in my foot not painful just annoying - is it something I should bother the Dr about? Being in remission is it something to be worried about? I know they said when I was diagnosed things I should be mindful of but if in remission is this still the case?

Thanks
Whilst numbness is one of the symptoms of diabetic neuropathy, and is one of the things they test for when doing foot checks, there could be other causes so it might be wise to make an appointment with your GP.

As for your remission question, being in remission doesn't undo any of the damage already caused by diabetes.

Back