T1 D Pro by Matthew J Collins

Martin62

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have this but haven't read it yet , but it does get great reviews on Amazon.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I'm not all that interested in climbing Macchu Pichu and having perfect BG myself - and I cannot even find out what nationality the bloke is. In this day and age honestly there are far more resources handy to us all, locally & nationally, than there ever were. He may write an interesting book, who knows? But although none of it can be described as easy - it is getting more to be the norm for Type 1s to achieve excellent health and BGs every year. He's going to tell us all how we can copy him, lovely - but do we want to or can we anyway since a lot of us aren't men for starters?

If you want to invest in it and read it, then do so by all means of course. Hope it's an enjoyable read.

Martin62

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Yes i see where you are coming from, it does seem more like an inspirational story than a lifestyle choice, i also downloaded Think like a pancreas to my kindle as well.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Good! We know who Gary Scheiner is but be aware he's American and they measure BG in different Units to us. They use mg/dl whereas we use mmol/L. When It's 1.0 in the UK, it's 18 in the US. Hence '90' = 5.0, 180 = 10.0, etc.

nonethewiser

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Title misleading, is it possible to become type 1 pro with condition that is unpredictable at times, for that reason wouldn't be interested in book.

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Think like a pancreas is very useful. It is good having it on a kindle as I find the search facility useful at times.

As others have said, we are all juggling so many variables in managing our levels that I don’t think I would ever feel like a pro, just ‘’experienced’. If you do read the book by Collins let us know what you think of it.

Peely66

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I bought the Collins book and was very disappointed. Within a few pages he was saying get a CGM. Ok so I've got a freebie sensor and considering maybe using Libre intermittently to help but I could have got all the info a
I needed from here and other sites I've been signposted too. Most expensive toilet paper I've ever bought.;)
I will continue and read it all as there may be other tips in there. As for the different measurements. I was just doing the conversion and noting it in pencil in the margin so that's not a biggy.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Only mentioned the 'conversion' since @Martin62 is new to all this and therefore won't be used to 'just dividing by 18' and such things !