Syringes Are for Insulin, Man Says; Police Learn Otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The following incident was reported by the Brecksville Police Department on Nov. 18. The information was compiled from a police report.

Police thought a North Royalton man’s story didn’t add up during a traffic stop on Nov. 18. Police pulled over a vehicle with a cracked windshield on Highland Drive at about 2:15 p.m.

The driver said he was dropping off the passenger at home and then heading to work. The passenger, a 22-year-old North Royalton man, said he had just gotten off work at a restaurant in Broadview Heights. The officer questioned the time frame and thought the direction they were driving didn’t make sense for their story.

http://brecksville.patch.com/articl...ce-learn-otherwise-brecksville-police-blotter

Very rare, that Type A diabetes 🙂

I'm amazed he could purchase a syringe without prescription.

not sure but i know drug addicts used to be able to exchange used for clean needles free this was to stem disease transfer such as hep or hiv etc

I had to look up which state - it's Ohio. No idea about rules about buying syringes in each of the United States of America.

Full marks to the police for spotting the errors in the driver's story.

Mind you, thinking about it you can buy syringes and needles from agricultural merchants, for admin of vaccines to livestock.

Yes you certainly can Sue.

I had a great big box of BD insulin syringes from a Vet's Suppliers back in ye olden days when we had to pay for them, worked out I only paid 50p a packet of 10 instead of ?1.25. (Cos we knew someone who worked there) Completely skint me for months.

Lasted me ages, and I'd nearly finished em when they made em free on scrip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back