Swuine flew vaccine to 'ave it or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossi_mac

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Following on from Aymes thread in the news section about the first wave of swine flew vaccinations.

Simple question, if /when offered will you have it?

I'll be honest I'm not sure, as it's supposed to mutate and vacines can make you feel rubbish for weeks too.

yeah i will have it , im all for taking the best course possible to prevent me getting it

I will have it, and I have the flu vaccine every year too. I haven't ever felt too bad from the regular vaccine each year and I would rather risk side effects from that than the potential complications of flu should I get it.
My understanding is even though the virus will be mutating the vaccine should provide at least a degree of immunity and it will ahve to have mutated quite significantly for it to have no impact. I'm no biochemist though so don't necessarily take that as truth!
I'll be first in the queue for it, I live with teachers so I think once September comes round it'll only be a matter of time before I come into contact with it!

i'll have it...

i hate getting ill...

Hmm Ive had Swine flu and it put me in bed for the best part of three weeks

But I'd still be cautious as to how much the original virus had changed and

whether the jab would be worth having . :confused: I would defo consider it

I wasn't quite sure about having it but my husband really wants me to have it due to being pregnant and diabetic I can't see that it'll do any harm having it done just to be on the safe side.

I wasn't quite sure about having it but my husband really wants me to have it due to being pregnant and diabetic I can't see that it'll do any harm having it done just to be on the safe side.

exactly emma you got double reason to get it hun xx

I would defo have it as you are pregnant and any cover is better than none for you surely. My friend is about 3 1/2 months pregnant and terrified of catching it as it is quite wide spread in the area where we live. 😱

Count me in! I'll definitely be having it when offered.

I really dont know, i had the flu jab once it made me illl for a week and i havent had it the past two years.
I dont know if ill have the swine flue one.
My mum has had swine flu and i havent got it yet. I think ill speak to the nurse about it, but i still dont know?
My Aunt who has bad astma always has it cause she wants to get her monies worth out of the nhs. haha.
xx

I`ve had swine flu was Ill for 2 weeks and only just getting over it it totaly washed me out,I can only now walk around the block without having to come home and sleep and I caught it over a month ago,I`d definately have the vaccine as I wouldn`t want it again.

I`ve had swine flu was Ill for 2 weeks and only just getting over it it totaly washed me out,I can only now walk around the block without having to come home and sleep and I caught it over a month ago,I`d definately have the vaccine as I wouldn`t want it again.

Yes I know how you feel I had Swine Flu and then got a Kidney infection at the same time :( I think its taken me just over three weeks to get back to normal 😱

I can also relate to how you feel as i had swine flu and then got a chest and tooth infection 😱 So i think i would have it

Last edited:
I'll probably have it done, I'm just waiting to see who offers first, work or my GP. I have been having the 'normal' flu jab done at work. having been down with tonsilitius (Iknow that's something different) and feeling like rubbish for several weeks, I don't fancy swine flu on top...

Yes, I will have it when it comes round. Last year was the first year I had a flu jab and it didn't really affect me at all. The doctor said my sugars might go a bit higher for a week, but they were fine.🙂

Omg! I never want it! Sounds a nightmare with all the other infections too! But its a good thing to read real accounts of it rather than the panic stories from the media hyping up the fact that those that have died from it have had other conditions...put the willies up me I tell ya! Its good to be reassured that us diabetics can battle such viruses, just takes a little longer! Am ringing my doctors surgery right now for dates of the vaccine clinics!

Omg! I never want it! Sounds a nightmare with all the other infections too! But its a good thing to read real accounts of it rather than the panic stories from the media hyping up the fact that those that have died from it have had other conditions...put the willies up me I tell ya! Its good to be reassured that us diabetics can battle such viruses, just takes a little longer! Am ringing my doctors surgery right now for dates of the vaccine clinics!

We are probably more aware of what is going on with our bodies and physical well being more quickly than others. It is always worth seeing the doctor and getting advice as quickly as possible before anything else devlops. We have to be responsible for our own health because in many cases no one else will do it for us.

Hi All...

Even though Nathan's had swine flu...there is still the possibility of getting it again....I was against the idea of a vaccine at first..but Nathan is having the vaccine...he always has his annual flu jab too...and has never had any bad effects from it.

Heidi
xx🙂

"Swuine flew", eh? Pigs might fly...

There is talk of it being mandatory at work. I'm not sure how they can enforce it though, I don't know what they will do with the people who refuse. Despite having swine flu I'll have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back