Switzerland First Country to Launch Xultophy® (IDegLira)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Today, Novo Nordisk announced Switzerland as the first country to launch Xultophy® (IDegLira) for people with type 2 diabetes. Xultophy® is the first combination of a basal insulin [Tresiba® (insulin degludec)] and a GLP-1 analogue [Victoza® (liraglutide)]. Xultophy® is administered as a once-daily single injection independently of meals. It is intended for use in adults with type 2 diabetes that are inadequately controlled with oral glucose-lowering treatments when these are used alone or together with basal insulin.*[1],[2]

For people with type 2 diabetes uncontrolled on basal insulin, Xultophy® has demonstrated a significant 1.9% HbA1c reduction, mean weight loss of 2.7 kg and a low rate of hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar) comparable to insulin degludec.[3]

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-re...ry-to-launch-xultophy-ideglira-289002061.html

I don't think we knew this was in the pipeline did we?

Mind you, not many people get offered Tresiba in UK do they?

I don't think we knew this was in the pipeline did we?

Mind you, not many people get offered Tresiba in UK do they?

I think we have a couple of members on Tresiba. I have read about this combination in past articles, but as separate components, not a single product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back