Swine Flu

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanJardine

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well, looks like I may have the dreaded lurgy that the press has been scaring us about.

My daughter Katherine has been suffering for a few days and has been offered Tamiflu by the Drs.

I was feeling really achey and had a headache yesterday. Woke up this morning (1am) in pain. Temperature of 38.5.

Fortunately, a couple of ibuprofen seem to have knocked the worst of it on the head. Blood sugars are not too bad at 11.5.

Phoned the doctor who wants to see me later. He's not 100% sure it's flu, but thinks it may be an ear infection.

Well, looks like I may have the dreaded lurgy that the press has been scaring us about.

My daughter Katherine has been suffering for a few days and has been offered Tamiflu by the Drs.

I was feeling really achey and had a headache yesterday. Woke up this morning (1am) in pain. Temperature of 38.5.

Fortunately, a couple of ibuprofen seem to have knocked the worst of it on the head. Blood sugars are not too bad at 11.5.

Phoned the doctor who wants to see me later. He's not 100% sure it's flu, but thinks it may be an ear infection.

Hi Alan , Ive had Swine flu and had Tamiflu , after the first day of high sugars hitting the 20's my levels then dropped to 7's and below. I'm surprised they want you to go to the surgery with it being a possibility of you having swine flu , they usually prescribe tamiflu for someone to collect for you , it is possible that you also have an ear infection , i ended up with a kidney infection aswell . good luck and let us know how you get on. 🙂

hi alan sorry to hear you aint having good time please kepe us updated on how you are feeling etc etc x

I hope you're feeling better. Let us know how you get on.

Hi Alan...

Sorry to hear you have may be come down with the dreaded swine flu...Nathan is just recovering..his BG readings were in the 20's for quiet a few days..and only now are returning to somewhere near normal...Have you got ketones...

I'm surprised the dr wants you to go into the surgery though....even if he may suspect you have swine flu or ear infection?..I had to collect Nathan's Tamiflu up...as his flu friend...

Heidi
xx🙂

Hi Alan I was just wondering how you are feeling now ? hopefully abit better and the Swine flu was a false alarm .

good morning Alan how are things now? better i hope x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back