Swimming with libre 2 sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliBal

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi just seeking any advice or experience of swimming with libre sensor on . Not tried it yet. Do people find covers work best of so which would you recommend. Or have people found they stay on ok without cover at all. I have found showering fine without extra cover but was more apprehensive about swimming . Any advice gratefully received

The woman in the TV advert for Libre is swimming. Have you asked Libre for any suggestions? If there is any problems afterwards I am sure Libre will replace your sensor, they’ve replaced mine even after I fell against a door frame and knocked it off

I’ve not been swimming since starting using sensors, so can’t help I’m afraid. Sorry!

It depends how much you go swimming. The occasional swim I’ve found okay but regular swimming I use d patch to cover it. Everyone else I see in the pool with libre doesn’t wear anything to cover it.

Abbott say a maximum of 30 minutes when swimming.

Abbott say a maximum of 30 minutes when swimming.
I swim for an hour with no issues. 30 minutes at a time just means take your arm out occasionally I think, which is natural when swimming.

We used to cover Libre sensors with Tegaderm and then stay in the pool for an hour and had no issues. Abbott say 30 mins max swimming, and if you cover the sensor with Tegaderm you’re supposed to cut a hole in the middle to allow your skin to breathe but we didn’t know that at the time and just covered it completely! Never had any problems

Talking of water and Libre, I took my arm strap off the other night as I have been experiencing nocturnal hypos and just wondered if the pressure of the strap might be adding to the problem slightly. Anyway, I forgot to put it back on this morning and got in the shower. Bit distracted by my other arm, as I had my Covid booster yesterday and forgot to remove the plaster and of course that arm is a little sore. Took that the dressing and giving both arms a good scrub I completely forgot about my sensor (my strap works as a visual aid to remind me the sensor is there as well as protecting it) and caught the sensor and nearly scrubbed it off. First shower without the arm strap since I got it several months ago and almost cost me my sensor. Definitely lifted the edge a bit but only 2 more days to go and looks like I have got away with it so far. Needless to say my arm strap was back on as soon as I stepped out of the shower and will not be coming off again in a hurry. It definitely provides good protection for the sensor from me as well inanimate objects.

I'm more concerned about me and the Libre too - I had a right itch all around and underneath it the other night in bed, and had just started to have a lovely scratch of that arm until I suddenly contacted the edge of something hard ... and had to stop pdq.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back