Swelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

weemansda

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
On the back of my hand near my wrist , It’s sore I don’t know if I have knocked this , but how can swelling occurs every so often which when it does swelling goes right to my pinkie and then finger beside it.
Is this part of diabetes the swelling and soreness.
Sorry for the stupid question I have type 2

It’s not a stupid question @weemansda 🙂 I’m not a doctor, just someone with diabetes, but this doesn’t sound diabetes-related to me. I think you should speak to your GP and get it looked at. If you’re able to take a photo or get someone else to take one for you that might be helpful too as you could email it to your GP and also keep it as a record to see if it gets better or gets worse.

I can see exactly what you’re talking about from that photo @weemansda I think you need medical advice from your GP or a nurse at your GP surgery. It could be a number of things.

Here is the NHS advice:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/swollen-arms-and-hands-oedema/

If you scroll down, you’ll see that it says Ask for an urgent appointment (in red) and If You Have Diabetes is one of the things mentioned in that section.

So, as I said above, I’d give your GP a ring, tell them you have diabetes (I know they’ll know that but it’s always good to remind them) and that your hand is swollen. Mention too that you’ve taken a photo and can email it to them if needed.

Phone your GP today. Good luck and I hope it’s sorted for you.

Sorry to hear about your swollen hand @weemansda

What have your levels been like recently? I believe sometimes swelling can occur in people with diabetes and elevated blood glucose - so it certainly sounds like something worth chatting to your Dr about.

As @Inka has suggested, a video appointment may be helpful if face-to-face ones are hard to come by?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back