Sweet Magazine Closes

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince13

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Following recent posts, I've had my Sweet magazine through the post under my new subscription today and with it is a letter saying the magazine has had to close. I'm mad that they took the new order from me if things were that dire.

Don't try and open a subscription !!! It does say with regard to refunds on your present subscriptions we are to contact the magazine distributors, Unique magazines on 0845 303 6753 or enquiries@uniquemagazines.co.uk but I don't hold out much hopes (perhaps I'll be surprised ?!).😡

Faith

Hi Faith,

Bad news that because it was a good magazine!

However, you should be OK about being refunded outstanding subs especially if you have paid by credit card as I did. That usually guarantees a refund under such circumstances if only by the credit card company.

John

Thanks for that, John, I had forgotten that refund tip.

I'm just cross they took my 3 months sub at a time when they were obviously in trouble but I guess they were trying to "trade out" of trouble as so many others have done in the past. Alarm bells should have rung when they would not do the advertised one year sub but only the next 3 months' I suppose.

Pity, though, as I really thought it was a good mag. Funny the Editor's introduction just inside the front page doesn't mention probs - still inviting people to write in to the letters page and problems page as normal - all smoke and mirrors ?

My subscription ran out and I was thinking of renewing it. I'm glad I didn't now! Shame thoe as it is a good magazine!

I got my issue on Thur The 1st of April But no letter saying it is closing have to wait till after easter to call and find out what is going on. Thanks for the heads up.

Thats a real shame as I really enjoy reading the magazine. Mine arrived last week but I've yet to open it from the plastic so not yet sure if mine contains a letter.

Just opened mine and yes I have the letter advising it closure

Damn shame - I thought it was a good publication, no other commercial diabetic thing

progress - not !!

Well just got a e-mail From the publisher of sweet and said it is definitely closed

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm Sweet is no longer being published.

I apologise for any inconevenice this may have caused you.

Kind Regards,
Sara
Unique Magazines

Pity it was a really a good magazine

I got an email from the editor. The magazine failed due to a big fall in advertising revenue. A real shame. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back