sweats

Status
Not open for further replies.

am64

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
the home and away story thread has made me think about my own night sweats...i used to be really bad but still get them occaionally, my hubby and I sleep on a foam matress on the floor that we lift every day to dry out...somewhat like the japanese and their futons....my sweats used to be so bad that i would wake with like pools of water over my eyes and as if i had been in the bath...all prediaognoses ....now its better but i do wake with wet hair ....do you lot suffer as well...found anything that helps?? its it because im high or low ?? thanks
amx

I was getting them before diagnosis but put it down to my age. I haven't had one since I went on the pills though.

I've always been a sweaty boy😛!! And used to often wake with sodden clothes from this but not so much lately (not sure when it started to not be so severe!) not sure if this is because it's the winter, me being less active or what! It will be interesting to see what happens when it gets warm again next spring/summer!

I sweat and it is uncomfy for me , the top of my forehead has become very red as im constantly rubbing sweat off me

soz to bump this but a few more members around now 😱

This is going to sound stupid but I didnt realise the night sweats were a diabetes thing. I get them a couple of times a week. I wake up & the back of my neck is the dampest but also all across my shoulders n chest. Its not nice but I never associated it with diabetes.

Oh l am relieved (not for you personally) but to find that other people have these awful sweats.

I have tried all sorts of "cures" sadly to no avail.

Hope someone can help - seeing nurse on Tuesday and will mention it then if she has a "mircale cure" l will report back

A friend of mine from work, who was also diabetic, used to sweat profusely when his sugars dropped... Have you tried testing in the night to see if this is the reason for your sweating? Equally, I've heard that there's a machine out there (no idea what it's called - can anyone chip in here??), that you can wear for up to three days (I think!) and it continuously monitors your levels... Then you could rule out changes in sugar levels as the reason (or perhaps even confirm that it is!).

I have always been a person who overheats even in winter, but i get night sweats also.

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night ringing in sweat. I usually have wet hair and sweat most around the neck, top of the chest and on my face.

I read somewhere that it is associated with diabetes but never thought much about it.

Oh l am relieved (not for you personally) but to find that other people have these awful sweats.

I have tried all sorts of "cures" sadly to no avail.

Hope someone can help - seeing nurse on Tuesday and will mention it then if she has a "mircale cure" l will report back

Im often relieved when i read threads on here because i used to think it was just ME !
ive been telling gps about about the sweats for years and my foot problems and abcesses thrush etc...it only took one bright spark to put them all together and diagnose the big D....i am so relieved

I've always been a bit of a furnace, but in the two years leading up to my diagnosis I was waking up absolutely soaked. At the time I put it down to the effects of booze, although it may have actually been hugely fluctiating BS levels because of the booze and reduced beta cell function. I did suffer it a lot in the early days after diagnosis when I was having either night hypos or going bed really high to try and prevent night hypos - so I guess a huge range of BS levels could be the cause. Now that my control is much, much better I don't suffer them to anywhere near the same degree, just back to being my normal 'furnace'!🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back