Sweating and T2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean_marsh

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hey, I'm T2 and at the moment taking one dose of Metformin 500mg a day. For the past couple of months I have been having cold sweats after eating. Not always, tends to be after a main/substantial meal. And can last 10mins or so. Could this be related to my T2? Any advice? 🙂

How long after your meal does it happen and if it is after you have eaten a high carb meal then it could indicate your blood glucose is high or rising as your food digests.
If you have a blood glucose monitor, you could check to see if this is the case.

How long after your meal does it happen and if it is after you have eaten a high carb meal then it could indicate your blood glucose is high or rising as your food digests.
If you have a blood glucose monitor, you could check to see if this is the case.
It happens directly after eating and occasionally when I'm still eating. I haven't got a glucose monitor - but thank you for the prompt, this would be helpful.

It happens directly after eating and occasionally when I'm still eating. I haven't got a glucose monitor - but thank you for the prompt, this would be helpful.
It would definitely be helpful as sweating can be also because blood glucose is low so if you haven't eaten in a while then it could be that.
Sometimes people get what is referred to as false hypos if their blood glucose has been high but because of dietary changes and /or medication it is reducing but the body has become used to high level so you feel as if it is low when it actually isn't. A monitor will allow you the check.
Monitors with the cheapest test strips are the GlucoNavii and the Spirit TEE2 available online, you do not need to pay VAT.

I just got a free Contour Plus blue - filled in a form on the manufacturer’s website and it arrived a week or so later. it’s bluetooth and the strips are between 10 and 12 pounds for fifty.

if you use Apple phones, the Countor app links with the health app.

Hey, I'm T2 and at the moment taking one dose of Metformin 500mg a day. For the past couple of months I have been having cold sweats after eating. Not always, tends to be after a main/substantial meal. And can last 10mins or so. Could this be related to my T2? Any advice? 🙂
There is a condition where people sweat after eating, it’s called gustatory sweating. (And it happens to non diabetics as well, but i believe it’s more common in diabetics)
Nerve damage caused by high blood sugars can also lead to sweating problems.
I’d definitely get a meter and do some tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back