Susan Boyle told to cut out the sweets and chocolate after shock diabetes diagnosis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
SUSAN BOYLE has been diagnosed with diabetes and has been told by doctors she must give up her beloved sweets and chocolates.

The singing sensation is now taking medication to help her cope with the type-2 strain of the illness which affects three million Britons.

Friends close to the sweet-toothed star say she struggled to cope without being able to snack on her favourite treats at first.

But the Britain?s Got Talent singer has now managed to cut them out...and they will be banned from her dressing room ahead of her performances and appearances as she promotes a new album.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/susan-boyle-told-cut-out-2845186

I rather hope she has been given rather more cmprehensive advice than this 🙄

It's about on a level with the advice I got from my GP. 🙄 I was just told to swap white bread for wholemeal (haven't eaten white bread for over 30 years!), have lots of root veg and high-carb breakfast cereals and to eat fruit instead of desserts. 2 weeks later I went back in tears because I was doing what I'd been told and my BG was going up. GP's reaction? To shout at me that I shouldn't be testing because there's no need for me to know my levels.

Thank heaven for this website.

(Got to see Doctor I'mInCharge again in a couple of weeks and taking my husband in with me. I'm less likely to punch Dr Smug that way!)

It's about on a level with the advice I got from my GP. 🙄 I was just told to swap white bread for wholemeal (haven't eaten white bread for over 30 years!), have lots of root veg and high-carb breakfast cereals and to eat fruit instead of desserts. 2 weeks later I went back in tears because I was doing what I'd been told and my BG was going up. GP's reaction? To shout at me that I shouldn't be testing because there's no need for me to know my levels.

Thank heaven for this website.

(Got to see Doctor I'mInCharge again in a couple of weeks and taking my husband in with me. I'm less likely to punch Dr Smug that way!)

Bordering on malpractice, in my opinion :( Would love these people to explain their logic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back