Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh DUK

Former Online Community and Learning Manager
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hello Everyone,

Help us power up your healthcare appointments.

We know how important your healthcare appointments are in helping you live well with diabetes. That’s why we developed our Information Prescriptions, powerful tools to help healthcare teams support you to better understand your diabetes and take small steps to improve your health and wellbeing.

Our updated set of 13 Information Prescriptions can be found here: Information Prescriptions for healthcare professionals | Diabetes UK

We need your help to ensure the Information Prescriptions are the best they can be. We’d like to hear from you, even if you’ve never received or used an Information Prescription before. To help, please share your comments and take our short ten-minute survey, which can be found here.

After the survey, you’ll also be invited to talk to a member of our team in more depth. We're happy to talk at a time that is convenient to you, either over the phone or online, and we’ll only take 30 minutes of your time.

Josh DUK

Last edited:
Hi Josh. I've just completed the survey and just one question for you..... When asked what type of diabetes do I have? Why is T3C not on the list and those of us who are T3C have to select other? It would be good if T3C can be treated the same as T1 and T2.

Hi Josh. I've just completed the survey and just one question for you..... When asked what type of diabetes do I have? Why is T3C not on the list and those of us who are T3C have to select other? It would be good if T3C can be treated the same as T1 and T2.
I will pass this information to the team.

They included it now 🙂

Thanks Josh. We T3C seem to get forgotten or labelled T1 when were not.
And even more so by GP practices where the the awareness even of the variation can be completely unknown. In my own experience the three GP practice partners were totally unaware of the condition - the senior even arguing with me that there was not such thing even though he knew that I had had the Whipples procedure. Which led to 2 years of them treating me as T2 and 2 years of hyperglycaemia for myself and a very close call with DKA. Thankfully I was taken on by the Diabetes/EndoConsultant at the hospital who wrote a quite pointed letter to the GP practice. But I subsequently found this is a quite common situation in GPpractices. It‘s something of a disgrace. Is Diabetes UK doing anything to address it? Just asking.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

We know how important your healthcare appointments are in helping you live well with diabetes. That’s why we developed our Information Prescriptions, powerful tools to help healthcare teams support you to better understand your diabetes and take small steps to improve your health and wellbeing.

Our updated set of 13 Information Prescriptions can be found here: Information Prescriptions for healthcare professionals | Diabetes UK

We need your help to ensure the Information Prescriptions are the best they can be. We’d like to hear from you, even if you’ve never received or used an Information Prescription before. To help, please share your comments and take our short ten-minute survey, which can be found here.

After the survey, you’ll also be invited to talk to a member of our team in more depth. We're happy to talk at a time that is convenient to you, either over the phone or online, and we’ll only take 30 minutes of your time.

Josh DUK
Josh, I think the idea of these documents is a good idea, but I think there are some significant and material flaws in them.

Were any lay people, living with T2 consulted on these documents?
Were any people who have reached (and maintained) remission consulted during the process?

I could go on.

I've just completed the survey but not sure if my answers will be helpful. I have no contact with a consultant or DSN and only see a surgery nurse for my check ups, who asks me questions from the computer. I saw a GP last year about something none diabetes related who asked me about the libre and how it worked!!

As a type 1, i would like more access to a DSN. I only saw one when i was diagnosed, as soon as my HbA1c was down i was referred back to GP care. I have to ask and have a specific reason why i want to be referred back to the DSN. I don't think i've ever seen a GP about my diabetes, only the nurses, and as good as they are, i feel like i'm a tick box

Hello Everyone,

Josh DUK
Survey done

Hello Everyone,

Josh DUK
I’d like to complete the survey but I’m not too sure my relationship to D is 2 or 3c. I’m being treated as 2

I’d like to complete the survey but I’m not too sure my relationship to D is 2 or 3c. I’m being treated as 2
I’d just do it with your current classification - I am not sure it will matter that much?

Hi Josh, would it be possible for an Information Prescription to be created for Living without a Pancreas. Note this is specific request for those who have had a Total Pancreatecomy not a catch all for Type 3c.

Hi Josh, would it be possible for an Information Prescription to be created for Living without a Pancreas. Note this is specific request for those who have had a Total Pancreatecomy not a catch all for Type 3c.
I will pass along this feedback.

What is T3C

Type 3c diabetes

Type 3c diabetes

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back