surreal Cereal any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamietDE6

Relationship to Diabetes
Other Type
Hi
has anyone come across the Surreal brand? Very low carb and high protein. Any thoughts?

I tried it and felt it tasted very artificial in its flavour; but each to their own. It didn’t do a lot to my blood sugar, whereas I find regular cereal very hard to bolus for.

It looks like it is quite highly manufactured rather than being a natural food, so I would be loath to buy it and even more so at that price! That is just my opinion because I try to eat more real food these days with less additives. Personally I would rather have a tiny sprinkle of normal good quality nutty granola with my yoghurt and berries at breakfast as a product like that.

Hi
has anyone come across the Surreal brand? Very low carb and high protein. Any thoughts?
If you want a low carb cereal similar in carbs to the one you mention then the KetoHana ones are good and a bit cheaper. Holland and Barratt or Amazon have them.

They're OK, but you can taste the sweetener. Low fat as well as low carb. The Peanut butter one is quite edible. Strange texture.

It looks like it is quite highly manufactured rather than being a natural food, so I would be loath to buy it and even more so at that price! That is just my opinion because I try to eat more real food these days with less additives. Personally I would rather have a tiny sprinkle of normal good quality nutty granola with my yoghurt and berries at breakfast as a product like that.

That's what wife does sometimes, just sprinkles normal granola over greek yogurt & berries.

I would not want to try it as instead of sugar it contains erythritol which in large quantities can cause health issues

One small study involving eight healthy people suggested that erythritol consumption could increase the chance of blood clots. And two larger studies involving 1,157 and 2,982 people from the United States and Europe showed a noticeable correlation between elevated erythritol and risk of cardiovascular events and increased blood clot formation (4, 5Trusted Source, 6Trusted Source).

But,
Humans don’t have the enzymes needed to break down erythritol.
It’s absorbed into the bloodstream and then excreted, unchanged, in the urine.
For people who are overweight or have diabetes or other issues related to metabolic syndrome, erythritol appears to be an excellent alternative to sugar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back