Surprise CGMs 640g

Status
Not open for further replies.

jusme

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I went to London this morning to the Hospital D Clinic for an appointment with my DSN who showed me using a dummy tummy how to fit it and then I fitted my first CGM and she explained everything to me and said it had been decided that as I had no awareness of hypos I should use them continually, I was so surprised I could hardly believe it ... wow...

I was then taken to see my Consultant who was really great and it was interesting to listen to her telling a new Registrar about my case.

The CGM has suspended insulin twice since it was fitted this morning and then started it again.

So guess who is a very happy bunny.

jusme

That's excellent news jusme! 🙂 Really pleased for you! 🙂 (Not the lack of hypo-awareness, obviously!)

Wow - that's impressive, both of the CGM/640g and your hospital clinic, getting the funding agreed for you.

I hope it really really helps.

I went to London this morning to the Hospital D Clinic for an appointment with my DSN who showed me using a dummy tummy how to fit it and then I fitted my first CGM and she explained everything to me and said it had been decided that as I had no awareness of hypos I should use them continually, I was so surprised I could hardly believe it ... wow...

I was then taken to see my Consultant who was really great and it was interesting to listen to her telling a new Registrar about my case.

The CGM has suspended insulin twice since it was fitted this morning and then started it again.

So guess who is a very happy bunny.

jusme
Well done Jusme ! You are allowed to be a Happy Bunny 😎

This is the textbook scenario for CGM funding in my opinion....

Well done and good luck...

I wonder whether your hypo awareness will come back if this allows you to avoid them altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back